29. Get Better

Y/N's POV

I opened my eyes and was greeted by the white ceiling. Where the heck am I? I can't really remember anything. I tried to but it only made pain jolt to my head. I winced and closed my eyes to wait for it to subside. After a few minutes of waiting and trying to gather every thing that happened, it all came back to me.

Although the last thing that I remember is hearing a bang and tackling Xin to the ground before it all faded into black. My eyes flung open as I finally processed everything. I hurriedly sat up and groaned as another wave of pain shot through my head, making me clutch it.

"Y/N!" I heard someone say before I felt hands gently pushing me back down. I gave in and waited for the pain to stop.
"F-Fanfan?" I croaked out, my voice cracking as I felt how dry my throat is.
"Here." She said, handing me a glass of water which I gratefully accepted and drank as she pressed the button to call for the doctor.

"W-where's everyone? The bullet. Did the bullet hit anyone? Why am I here? What happened? Xin, is she alright and Grandpapa?" I asked continuously.

"Slow down okay? One by one." She said, raising her hands in surrender. I sighed deeply and examined her. She's dressed in an oversized shirt and some sweats. How long have I been here?

"Keke, Xin, Kiki, Snow and your Grandpapa went out to get some food and to fix the hospital bill. The others are already back in the dorms. Yes, everyone is alright, in our group that is. Nobody got hit by the bullet. Well, about you, you passed out when you tackled Xin to the ground and hit your head on a rock. That's all we know right now." She answered.

"What do you mean everyone is safe, in our group that is?" I asked, my brows furrowed in confusion.
"Well, I don't really know much but your Grandpapa, said that the girl who fired the gun is Kai Chynna. After she fired, she took off and was chased by his men. I don't really have any more information other than that." She explained as she dragged a stool close to the bed to sit on.

"How long have I been out?" I asked as I sat up properly.
"Since last night. But don't worry, I mean you just hit your head, I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. We're just here to check just in case anything else happened." She said.

Just then a doctor entered the room, holding a clipboard. She didn't bother to lift her head up as her eyes wildly scanned over the clipboard.

"Glad to see you're awake. I'm Dr. Valentina." She said, her eyes never leaving the board.
"I've already got your results. Shall we look at it?" She asked, making Fanfan and I look at each other.

"Actually, could we wait for a bit for my grandfather and friends?" I asked.
"I guess we could. But if they're not here for the next 10-" Just then, the door opened, revealing them.
"Great! Just in time." Fanfan said.

"Y/N, you're awake!" Xin said as she quickly walked towards me.
"I'm sorry if I wasn't here when you did." She said as she sat on the empty space beside me.
"It's fine.I just did anyways." I reassured her, squeezing her hand and giving her a smile.

"How are you feeling honey?" Grandpapa asked as he walked to the side of the bed along with the others.
"Pretty good, just a slight pain on the head." I answered.

"So, would you like to hear the results now?" She asked, making us hum. It was quite weird tho, how she keeps looking at Xin and I, and looking like she's trying hard to hold herself back.

"So, good news or bad news first?" She asked, making my eyes widen.
"There's bad news?" Grandpapa asked, clearly shocked too.
"I-I think I wanna hear the good one first." I stammered out.

My hands started to shake slightly and I feel my heart beating faster as I grew nervous and gripped Xin's hand tightly. Am I gonna die? But no one has ever died because of bumping their heads. Or am I gonna progressively grow insane? I was brought out of my thoughts as I felt Xin place her other hand on top of our laced ones, rubbing soothingly and giving comfort.