54. Meters, Miles and You

Y/N's POV

The clock struck 4:00 in the morning. I watched as the color green slowly seeped into my mug if hot water, mesmerizingly caging as the aroma of the green tea surrounded me. Sean and Amber are still dead asleep on their rooms. I, on the other hand have only managed to sleep for about an hour, before my brain decided to get lost and think too much and suddenly u couldn't bear to sleep anymore.

It has been almost an hour and a half since we dropped Liu Yuxin off. I couldn't really remember as I have been sleeping for the entirety of the drive, only waking up when we were already back home. It's a wonder for me how I managed to do that when my head is just a full mess of thoughts and questions and Liu Yuxin.

Liu Yuxin. She hasn't left my mind since earlier. She's making me feel and think that I've gone crazy. I mean, I just met her and yet, it's like something already clicked and made me feel attached.

Being reminded of her fingers caressing my cheeks, her hand on the back of my head and around my waist, it sent jolts of excitement through my veins. She smelt like vanilla too. Similar to the candles in my room that I use to light up when I couldn't sleep. There is this sense of familiarity and comfort to her.

It makes me curious, makes me want to know more about her, because it was different. Nothing like those things I do to gain comfort, like eat my favorite foods, lock myself up in my room and cuddle with pillows and fall asleep. No. The comfort I felt earlier qas like the main thing I've been looking for, all this time.

It felt right, to say the least. She was feels warm, incredibly safe. And that kiss. It definitely wouldn't sound right if I say that I enjoyed it, knowing that I don't even know her except for her name, but I did. Hell, even thinking about it still makes me flush until now. Her lips were soft, plump and warm. She tasted like mint and a bit like the beer she drank before hand. Addicting.

"Wait what? Get a grip Mihn Y/N!" I whispered to myself as I snapped out of my thoughts. I lightly slapped at my cheeks.
"Stop thinking about it, seriously!" I said to myself as I looked down at my brewing tea.

I silently cussed as I realized that I've let it brew for a bit too long. The water had turned light brown already. I lifted the tea bag and stepped out of the kitchen stool to get rid of it. The house us dead quiet and it should've freaked me out by now like usual, but this time, it did not. Crazy how it instead brought me peace and comfort to finally sort my thoughts out.

It's already 4:10. I've given up on the idea of going back to sleep long ago. Besides, we need to finish the remaining cupcakes and get it all done and be ready to go by 6 and go to Tiger Eye to start the set up. Sean would be picking Xinlei up from the airport at 9 AM and we predicted that they'll arrive at around 9:30.

I sat back down and slowly drank my tea as I stared into space. My phone is still charging in my room so I don't really have anything to pass my time and I don't trust my mind to drift and drown in thoughts again. I might as well start in the cupcakes. There are still about 60 pieces left undecorated. Either that or drift to my thoughts and actually get convinced that I've gone crazy with all the thoughts about that girl. Liu Yuxin.

"All right, stop now." I said out loud as I pushed myself out of the stool to get the frostings out of the fridge.

I laid out all the tubs out in the counter and then proceeded to tie my hair back on the top of my head and washed my hands clean, waving them as I finally started. I started with strawberry, transferring some into a piping bag and starting to frost in a typical circular way before placing some sprinkles and then turning to the next one.

That process continued on and on. With me having a little break in the middle to finally finish my tea and straighten my back. It was fun and all but it's also a pain in the neck and the back. Minutes passed and it turned to an hour before I was finally finished all 60 cupcakes and had already packed them all in the boxes.