49. Wistful Musings

Yuxin's POV

Entry No. 1.
30th of June, 2020

This is my first entry in here. Honestly, a month has passed and a lot of things happened. I was only able to write it all down here today as we've all been busy. But I'll still try to recall it all.

We debuted on May 30, 2020 as The9 with me, myself as the center. I was really glad that I got to talk to you, Y/N that night. I remember how I couldn't sleep well and didn't. Maybe it was because of my overflowing excitement and joy, but a part of it is also my unease. How was I suppose to rest well, knowing that you were in surgery that exact time?

The next morning, I didn't receive any calls from Mr. Hu, your Grandpapa, like I was expecting. I didn't pay much mind to it. I was hesitant to call too as I'm very much aware of the east difference in our time zones. So, I waited all that day for a call, just even a text, updating me of how the surgery went and how you were.

That day, our group has packed up and on our way to the house that we'll be living in. I was paired with Shaking and Snow. That day passed by quickly. Yet I still didn't get anything from Mr. Hu or mama. That night, I didn't sleep well again.

The next day, June 1, my company released my song Beatholic. I recorded it long ago, even before participating in Youth With You. You see, it was our back up plan. When I joined the show, I admit that I'm very disheartened. We believed that my chance of actually debuting is very slim. So, they made me join mainly to try and gain popularity. So that when I don't end up debuting, we'll release the song and still gain support.

I was thrilled, no doubt. Also that day, Mr. Hu finally called me. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but he told me that the surgery was successful. I was happy, but I should've known better. Yes, the surgery was successful. I thought that it was the end of it, but like any other clichéd storyline, it wasn't.

It was only then that I came to know that it was now up to you. You've fallen again. The surgery has it's risks and it took a toll on you and Mr. Hu said that you'll need a very long time to actually recover. I claim to say that I didn't react as bad. I looked on to the brighter side and stayed strong like you told me to. I have faith that you will be okay and I know, myself, that you will. I am willing to wait for you.

He didn't exactly tell me how long but it's not like it mattered too much for me anyway. So long as you're fine, I am.

The group is doing okay, Y/N. We also had our first performance as a group. Although we only performed Yes! OK! and Hunt, we're very much happy. But I guess there are a lot of different people, and with that fact came another that we all have different opinions as well.

Some people aren't exactly pleased at the fact that I debuted as the center. Right after the performance, when we're on our way out the venue, someone attempted to flash a laser to my eyes. But don't worry! I'm not hurt physically, fortunately. What hurts however, is the thought that they really tried to do that to me.

Words traveled fast and Mr. Hu got involved in it. He heard what happened and contacted that very night. It's endearing, actually. That he treats me the same way he does to you. He also contacted our current company, iQIYI, and made the complaint. Saying that there should've been more guards with us. Of course, our company complied  and begged to not say anything to the public. But I guess it's all for naught as my UMs has caught videos and spoke up.

Mr. Hu said that you're still recovering. I really do wish that you're here so I can tell you all these things personally. I hope you get better soon. Wo ai ni, Mihn Y/N.

~Liu Yuxin

Entry No. 2.
30th of July, 2020