4. I'll Be There

Y/N's POV

Keran and Lin Fan pulled me excitedly towards our dorm. Both arms filled with snacks and drinks. Jiaqi, Yiwen, An Qi, and Shaking following behind us, immersed with each other in a conversation about idols that they're crushing on.

My mind drifted back to Yuxin. I'm really confused and slightly worried. Did something happen to her? My train of thoughts was broken when Lin Fan slammed to door open. I looked around, hoping that I would see her, but she wasn't.

The others started to prepare for the mini celebration we are having. We pushed two of our desks together to make a room for all the food and drinks we bought. We also put our comforters and pillows on to the floor, to create a nest shaped area for us to sit on later.

"What about Yuxin? Isn't she gonna join us?" I asked, growing more confused and worried.

"Oh, she said that she will be eating with Kong Xue'er and her roommates. But she did say that she'll try to come back early to join us." Keran said, gathering her pajamas to change in the bathroom.

We decided that we're gonna have a sleepover instead, since the dorm is hecka big that another five people could fit in comfortably with us.

"Kong Xue'er?" I mumbled, trying to remember a face. But alas, with 108 different girls, it's hard to memorize everyone in just 2 days.

"Don't get your thoughts in a twist Y/N. Kong Xue'er is Xin's former group mate." Lin Fan said, laying down on her bunk.

"I'm just confused, because I don't know who she is." I replied, sitting down next to her body. She just hummed and closed her eyes. Then I remembered Yuxin again.

"Fanfan, did something happen to Yuxin earlier?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked, not opening her eyes. Sigh, I might as well share with her.

"I noticed how her mood suddenly changed the moment I step on the stage. It's like she became almost distant." I said leaning back into the bedpost. "What do you think happened to her?" I continued.

She opened her eyes and stared at me, as if she's trying to recollect every but of what happened earlier. Her eyes caught something on my face and she gasped, sitting up, and uttering an excited "That's it!" I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean? She got put off by my face?" I said jokingly. She let out a laugh and whacked me lightly on my arm.

"You dumbass! Not by your face, but what's ON your face! She must have felt awkward and uncomfortable when she saw it." She said thoughtfully. Instead of enlightening me, it made me even more confused.

"What? Why would she feel awkward?" I asked. She looked troubled for a second before shaking her head.

"Just talk to her, will you? You both need it." She said laying back down and closing her eyes.

"What do you mean Fanfan?" I asked, shaking her vigorously. But she didn't answer and just motioned me towards the door. I groaned loudly and slumped beside her.

"Aren't you even gonna tell me what you know?" I asked, poking her sides to make her notice me. I heard her sigh loudly, making me look up at her.

"Just talk to her okay? Kong Xue'er's room number is 36." She said pushing me out the bed. Luckily the comforters and pillows softened my fall. I groaned again.

Don't get me wrong. I want to talk to Yuxin, but I don't know what to say. I can't possibly tell her that I'm worried about her because she didn't approach me, and that she's being distant. I don't want to seem annoying or clingy. In fact, I don't even know what the problem is, or if there is even one in the first place.