18. Birthday Extravaganza

Y/N's POV

"Hello Lisa laoshi!" We greeted as she appeared on the screen via face time.
"We miss you!" We made heart signs and awed as she did a little twirl and waved at us.

"I missed you guys too! So let's get started?" She said. We nodded and Team B decided to go first, while our team sat on the side. We all watched as they start to dance and started to practice ourselves slightly as well.

"Oh, it's kind of short?" Lisa laoshi said as the group finished.
"That's because we didn't have the time to coordinate our moves." Air Su explained, her group mates nodding along with her.

Lisa laoshi only nodded and gave them some notes and advice before letting us dance next. We performed the song buy I feel like something is still lacking and missing from our performance.

"Liu Yuxin? That was quite good." Lisa laoshi praised, making us clap slightly for her.
"But I couldn't feel the mood of the song from your performance." She added.
"Neither team fully expressed the mood. Now I feel that everyone's effort seems to be disappearing." She said.

The mood in the room consistently dropped, and I'd be lying if I said that I'm not feeling upset as well. I bit my lips and nervously clasped my hands together. I don't like this felling at all, because I'm the kind of person who gets easily affected by the moods of others. After a while, Lisa laoshi went off to let us practice by ourselves and to help the other teams as well.

I sat with my back against the wall, as I watched Team B practice. The mood in the room is getting gloomy each second that passes. My heart slowly breaks as I see Zoe crying as she danced. I can't take this anymore. I stood up and grabbed some tissues and a bottle of water. Well, because I genuinely think that she'll just cry more if I gave her a yoghurt drink.

"Zoe." I called out, making her stop dancing and the others did so, as well.
"I don't want to see you." I said, faking a serious expression. Her eyes widened and gasps could be heard in the room.

"Crying, of course." I finished, a smile forming on my lips as I handed her the tissues and water.
"Don't cry okay? I'll help you." I assured her, my smile widening as she wiped her tears and gave me a determined nod.

"Okay, now let's go over it slowly." I said and cued her to start while I watch her through the mirror.
"When. We. Meet. Again." She sang, slowly going through it slow.
"It's like rubbing your body with a loofah." Air Su said, making us let out laughs.

"Don't be mean. Xie you just need to be more gentle with the moves okay? But not too gentle that it becomes dull." I said, before practicing with her.
"There you go, keep practicing." I encouraged before walking up to Xin who has been standing in the back of the room motionless.

"Are you upset too?" I asked as I stood next to her, playfully nudging her side.
"I'm not. I'm just thinking about how to help them." She said, giving me a small smile.

"Are you sure? You know it's okay to feel upset sometimes." I said.
"Yes, I really am fine. After all happiness can be found in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light." She said, making me turn to her with wide eyes.

"Did you just quote Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter." I asked.
"Ugh yes?" She answered, confused.
"I think I love you even more now." I breathe out.
"Harry Potter has been my favorite series since forever!" I added, smiling widely.
"Wo ye ai ni." She smiled back before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the center of the room.

"Let's talk about our problems first. Let's sit together." She said, sitting on the floor and gesturing for the others to join. I sat beside her and quietly watched as she started talking.