38. In Your Fingertips

Y/N's POV

"I thought you don't get drunk?" I teased as I watched Fanfan groan and slump back down on their bunk.
"Shut up." She retorted and burrowed under the blankets.

"You look like you've been ran over by a truck." I continued, looking at her in amusement.
"A hundred truck at that." Keran added, making me let out a laugh.
"Shut up Y/N. Yuxin's hung over too." Fanfan pointed out, her voice coming out as a mumble.

True to her words, Xin is indeed a bit hung over. Well, she ought to be. I mean, who wouldn't if you drink a lot when you have zero alcohol tolerance. Unlike Fanfan, who's whining and groaning about, Xin is asleep. Well, she is now. She woke up earlier but I told her to go back to sleep after giving her some medicine for her headache.

"At least she isn't whining about it." I retorted, rolling my eyes.
"If my head isn't pounding right now, I would've decked your head." She snapped.
"You won't. You adore me too much." I boasted with confidence.
"I could always opt for it." She said, groaning.

"Stop arguing you two. Fanfan, go back to sleep, so you can feel better. Remember, you two are leaving tonight." Keran reminded as she finished getting ready.
"Now Y/N. Will you help me get breakfast for all of us?" She asked and walked towards the door.
"Yeah, sure." I answered and stood up from Xin and I's bunk to join her out the door.

"I can't believe you two are really leaving tonight." She stated as we started to walk toward st he cafeteria.
"Hmm? Me too." I agreed shortly.

"Tale care of Fanfan, will you?" She asked, making me smile at her.
"Of course. I would even if no one asked me to." I assured, making her return my smile.
"Fanfan, she might be overly crazy most of the times, but underneath that, she is really caring. So much that sometimes, she forgets about herself." She shared, a fond smile on her lips.

"She loves you just as much. She was worried about you actually. When Kun PD announced Keni as the 20th place, the first thing Fanfan told me is not about how upset or sad she was that she didn't place. The first thing she said was about how worried she is about you." I said, watching as her smile grew, exposing her snaggletooth.

"We've known each other for so long, even before we became soulmates. We were the best of friend first. Over the course of those years, we experienced successes and our sorrows together. For years we've become each other's leaning rock, inseparable. It's relieving to know that  she has you too. No one can really get along with her craziness except me, for so long." She continued, looking at me.

"But then, you came. You were like a vessel to her you know? She told me she sees you as the sister she longed to have. Though she almost always express it by teasing you, she means well." She finished.
"Oh wow." I muttered, completely baffled, making her let out a laugh and hum.

"She really does huh?" I said, smiling brightly.
"Yeah, she loves you. After me of course." She joked, making me let out a laugh.
"Almost no harm comes to those she treasures." She finished as she pushed the cafeteria door open.

Only a few people are inside, even though it's almost lunch time. Figures, almost all of th drank hard last night. They must still be dead asleep in their dorms. Keran and I walked towards the foods and started picking what we want. We opted for some porridge and some pancakes, also some tea to help with their hang over. We quickly finished and walked back up to the dorms, fully well aware that they must be starving.

"Take care of Xin for me too, yeah?" I said as we walked.
"I'll try." She laughed out, making me narrow my eyes playfully at her.
"I mean you're the only one who can sate her you know?" She explained, making me let out a laugh.