43. Her Last Gambit

~~~~~~~
A/N:
Hey everyone! Anyone missed the story?? Caused I missed you all🤧. It's been a hella stressful week, but it's all done now.

Thanks so much for 16k reads and 900+ votes💗. Thanks so much for all your votes and nice comments everyone!

Happy Halloween too! If ever you're celebrating it! As a gift I guess, I combined two chaptera into one since I'm feeling nice and don't want to leave you guys hanging.

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! I'll see you on the next update!💗

Keep safe everyone! Love lots💗💗

You guys up for a challenge called try not to cry?

Warning: violence, death.

Okay, take a deep breath and start reading chapter 43. Her Last Gambit. Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

The next time I woke up, it was all dark. Where am I now? How the heck did I even get here? After that conversation with Lin Fan, they infused the smoke on the room again. That damned girl. I didn't even feel guilty at all. I was slowly eased out of my daze as I felt the movement of where ever I was lying on. I let out a groan as I realized that my hands are still bound, causing my whole body to move as I felt the movement suddenly stop.

I roamed my eyes around and slowly let them adjust. After a few seconds, I came to realize that I'm in the backseat of a car. Thankfully, I wasn't as dizzy as before and managed to pull myself up into a sitting position. I heaved and groaned as my head lightly hit the headrest of the seat.

"You're awake." My head instinctively snapped towards the source of the sound. I looked towards the driver's seat and saw Lin Fan. I watched as her eyes fleeted to the rear view mirror, making us somehow lock eyes. I remained quiet, just staring at her. It seems like she morphed into a completely different person. The trace of smiles and joy left her face barren.

"Wish I didn't." I mumbled, turning my gaze to the window although nothing could be seen outside except for the dazzling crescent of the moon.

The divulgence that happened prior, drained me to the bone, leaving me frail, lost and just not myself. She didn't say anything and for that,I was thankful. What was I expecting anyway? That this will turn out to be just a dream? A twisted joke and illusion I produced? What will happen now then? I need to get away, somehow. I roamed my eyes around my surroundings, trying to come up with a plan. Just anything to let me get away.

"Your soul accessory. Do you still have it?" She suddenly asked, making me look up in surprise and caution.

Why is she asking? I stared intently at her reflection in the mirror. Even if she tries to take it off, she can't. She won't be able to. If Chynna didn't manage to do it, there's no way she can. My eyes briefly darted to my bound wrists. The shine of the silver cabin seemingly a metaphor of the slight hope I have left.

"It's none of your business." I plainly said, my gaze never leaving her reflection, waiting for her reaction.

"Don't let Chynna tale it off you. It's the only thing... Only thing keeping you connected to Yuxin now." She said lowly, almost inaudible against the slight rumble of the car.

Confusion struck me as I turn to her again. What did she mean? Only thing? But then what about the wholeness and emotional bond? She must be messing with me yet again. She's been doing it all those times. What's stopping her from doing it again?

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes and averted my gaze outside again.

Where are they taking me anyways? I can't just settle down. I need to find a way out, soon and fast. Something just isn't sitting right with me. It's making me feel restless, vulnerable. Like something's gonna happen anytime. I took a deep breath and look up to the moon. Yet it didn't givee the calming effect it usually does. My eyes are slowly adjusting to the scenery outside but all I could see are the shadows of the tall trees.