11. The Storm

Y/N's POV

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. It was like I was walking an endless road. I couldn't hear a thing. What happened? Did I die? Is this what it feels like?

"Y/N! Wake up!" A shout rang in my ears, and then suddenly the darkness was washed away by a bright light.

I bolted right up. I confusedly looked around to see that I'm in a practice room. What am I doing here? The last thing I remember is seeing my mark and then, oh. Finding my soulmate and being told that I wasn't theirs. Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered what happened.

"Hey, are you all right? Was your dream really that bad?" I looked up to see Keran's face looking at me with concern.

"Where am I?" I asked, not bothering to answer her question.
"You're in Class C's dance room, don't you remember? You took a nap after Lisa laoshi's class. I was trying to wake you up because you missed lunch but you won't budge until now." She explained, but it only made me more confused.

I looked down at my arm, expecting to find my rose mark, but was met with my pale blank skin. What the heck is happening? Was it all a dream?

"What's the date?" I asked, holding my breath in anticipation.
"It's Thursday, March 26th. Why?" She said, making my eyes widen.

So that was all a dream? But felt so real. Could it be a premonition? What if fate's giving me warning?

"Nothing. I think I'm just a bit frazzled." I said. But I was more than frazzled. I'm feeling all sorts of feeling right now. I'm anxious, nervous and relieved.

"Are you sure? You know you can share your thoughts with me, right?" She said, making me smile at her. I'm really lucky to have them as my friends. I should probably tell her, as it might relieve me of the stress.

"I had a dream, and in that dream I already turned 21 and got my soulmark. I also found my soulmate, but then..." I paused, trying to collect my breath as it starts to get shallow.

"It's okay, you don't have to force yourself to tell me." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder in an act of comforting me but I shook my head.

"No, I want to tell you, because I'm gonna need your help. In that dream, Liu Xin was my soulmate. But she rejected me, telling me that she already found her soulmate, and it wasn't me. Could that even be possible?" I asked. She sat there for a minute, taking in everything I said.

"Wait, so you dreamt that you found your soulmate but then you aren't her soulmate? I don't think that's possible. Maybe you were just feeling stressed about everything that's been going on that you dreamt of that." She said, trying to reassure and ease me.

"Probably, but I'm still scared. What if it's a premonition and I'm meant to be alone for the rest of my life?" I asked, already horrified at the thought.

"So what do you want to do then? You know that Fanfan and I are willing to help you anytime." She said, making my anxiousness slightly disappear.

Then an idiotic idea came to mind. I know I probably should not do it, but I'm scared. I'm scared of getting hurt. It all ready hurt too much when I dreamt of it and I can't imagine how it would feel like in real life.

"I want to keep distance from Xin for a while." I said, making her brows rise up in confusion.
"What? Why would you want to do that? She might get hurt!" She exclaimed, looking at me like I just grew another head in front of her very eyes.

"She really became attached to you, you're her best friend for Pete's sake!" She continued, making me take a deep breath.
"It's not like I'm gonna keep distance forever! I just wanted to until my birthday and my mark appears." I explained.