3. Initial Evaluations

Y/N's POV

"You should go first Keke, heaven knows you take too long to get ready" Lin Fan said, pushing Keran towards the bathroom. I started to gather my clothes and the things I need before sitting on my desk to wait for the others to finish using the bathroom.

Sigh, I am really nervous for today. I don't want my efforts to come here, to be just for naught. I'm especially scared of coming all the way here and just be told that I'm simply not good enough. I stretched my hand and grabbed my grandparent's picture that I pinned up in the wall.

"I'm doing this for the both of us Grammie, and also Grandpa. I promise that I won't let you down and that I won't ever give up." I whispered, holding it against my chest. The two chairs on each side of me creaked, I looked up to find Lin Fan and Yuxin looking at me worriedly, to which I replied with a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry you guys. I'm just nervous, is all." I said returning the photo to its place. They sat down and smiled brightly at me.

"It's totally normal to be nervous. It happens to everyone, even professionals. Channel that nervousness and make it your power." Yuxin said, Lin Fan nodded and said, "And besides, we're all going to be there to support your performance" then added. "What are you gonna do anyways? Dance? Sing? Rap? Or all of those?" She asked excitedly jumping on her chair. Yuxin and I laughed at her cuteness.

"You'll have to see for yourselves." I said, and in perfect timing, Keran walked out of the bathroom, all dressed up and drying her hair with a towel.

I quickly stood up and went next before any of them can say anything. I shut the door just as Lin Fan was about to rush towards me. She banged on the door and whined, making me laugh loudly. "Y/N! I was supposed to go next!" I heard her whine some more, to which I just laughed at.

"Well you were too slow. Don't worry I'll be quick." I said, and a grunt was heard as a reply.

I made a quick work of washing my hair and cleaning the rest of my body. Soon I was done and out the door clad in a black tank top and black cargo pants with accents of silver jewelry, and boots. I wrapped a towel in my head to get the excess water out. As soon as I walked out, Lin Fan pushed pass me and playfully stuck her tongue out.

"Are you sure you're older than me?" I said teasingly, rolling my eyes. She glared at me before slamming the bathroom door shut. I laughed and soon Keran and Yuxin joined in.

"Nice outfit you have there, Y/N! Don't you think so too, Yuxin?" Keran said nudging the girl who seemed to be in daze.

"Oh umm, yes of course. You look great Y/N." She said smiling shyly. I smiled at her cuteness and thanked her.

I sat back in my desk and began to blow dry my hair, and curl it into loose waves. By the time my hair is all finished, Fanfan came out of the bathroom and Xin went in next. I then proceed to put on some makeup and I added a small jewel in the side of my eyes.

Yuxin wasn't done getting ready yet, and I'm getting hungry once again. So, I told Keran that I will be going ahead and that I'll just meet them on the hall. I went out the door and went across towards Yiwen's dorm. I knocked and after a few seconds Jiaqi opened the door, already dressed and done up. I smiled at her.

"Hey Jiaqi! I was wondering if you'd accompany me to the cafeteria? I'm hungry and we could use the time to catch up, too." I said giving her my puppy eyes. She just rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Of course, I will! No need to give me those eyes. Hold on, I'll just tell the others." She said, leaning back and saying loudly, "Hey guys! I'll go ahead with Y/N all right? Let's just meet at the venue for the stage." Sounds of agreements were heard before she popped back out. She smiled at me, linked our arms together and started to lead me towards the cafeteria.