13. Her Tactics

Y/N's POV

   We are currently gathered in the hall. Today, Kun PD will be announcing our rankings based on our solo video. I anxiously stood between Keran and Snow as we waited for him to arrive.

"Keran, I'm so nervous." I said, wringing my fingers. I know I did well, but I'm not sure if it's good enough for me to be promoted. Keran quietly laughed, making me glare at her.

"Stop laughing at me Keke long legs. I know you're nervous too." I said, linking our arms. "I'm so nervous I'm sweating a little." I said, fanning my face.

I roamed my eyes around to see the other trainees fumbling with nervousness. Although some of them seem more excited than nervous, especially Esther and Xiaotang. I look down in front of me where Xin is standing. Her shoulders are slightly tensed, rising up every time she takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. I reached out and placed my hand on top of her head and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Don't be so nervous Xin! I know you did well." I said, hoping to ease her a little.

She turned to me, my hand still resting on top of her head. She removed it and held it in hers instead. She pulled it nearer to her and brushed her lips against my knuckles. I blushed a and smiled as she gave a squeeze and smile back in return.

"Thanks Y/N. I know you did well too." She said sweetly. A soft smile graced my lips and I gave her a nod.

Soon, Kun PD arrived. The room was already tensed, but it got worse as we saw his serious expression. We all quickly stood up straight and bowed to him while bowing.

"Hello everyone. This is a serious occasion here today." He said, making us all take a deep breath to calm our raging nerves.
"what have you all been eating lately?" He suddenly asked, breaking the tensed atmosphere as we all let out a laugh.

"Fancy foods!"
"Something nice!"
"A lot." I said, making them laugh.

"I did say that one dinner won't make you fat, but it's not right to eat that way everyday." He jokingly reprimanded.

"He means we've gained weight." Snow whispered to me, making my face flush as I tried to cover it.
"More like, I did." I mumbled embarrassedly. They all let out a laugh.

"When it comes to the one-take videos of the theme song this year, the practice time has changed from only three days to fifteen days. It means we don't want you to just take the lead relying on your past skills. We want to see who will perform this song well." He droned. We are all listening intently, all nervous for themselves.

"Once the theme song performance is over, we'll be looking at the first round of ranking announcements. That means that some trainees are going to leave the stage, while others will stay to perform." It made me nervous. I know I'm good, but the rankings won't be about that. It would completely rely on our fanbases and how we stand out to them.

"What positiona re you gonna stand in? The answers are in my hand. Among the 109 trainees, 60 of you predicted that you would get an A." He said, making us all gasp. They are really so confident, and I'm happy about that.

"Before the announcement, I want to see the class A trainees from the preliminary assessment. Please raise your hand." He requested, making us to do so.

"How many of you guys think you'll get back to Class A?" He asked. My hand falters a little. I'm not sure if I will. Kiki, Xin and Xi'ai's hand remained raised in the air and Snow's slowly dropped.

"Y/N, raise your hand." Keran quietly said, nudging me. Xin turned to me and gave a confused stare. I didn't say anything and just shook my head and gave her a small smile. Me being promoted to class B is still possible but the chances of me going to Class A is slim.