Revulsion

Noh prepared a sumptuous, healthy brunch with Phun's help. He prepared the table and waited for Pete and Ae to join them. It was almost lunch but they decided to not interrupt the two. Noh believed that it would be better that Ae saw this side of Pete this early in their relationship and Phun cannot agree more. When the lovers came into the kitchen, Pete almost run to Noh and Phun to give them both a bear hug.

"Good Morning, Noh! Good Morning, Dad! You know I love you both so much!"

"Someone is being extra expressive today."

Noh remarked with a smirked that earned a pout from Pete. Phun glared at Noh and immediately comforted the pouting kid.

"Oh, don't mind your mind your mom. He is just happy that you look much better today."

"I'm not being extra. I just want to let you know that I love you and I'm grateful to have you both."

Pete declared behind his tearful, pouting expression.
Noh smiled lovingly and kissed his forehead.

"We already knew that, dummy."

"Can we stop this emotional encounter and eat. I'm really hungry. What are you doing, standing quietly there, Ae? Join us."

Ae smilingly oblige to Phun's request and sat beside Pete. Ae grew up with a loving family and he knew Pete had a hard time but meeting Noh and Phun was a blessing. He knew that if it wasn't for them, he wouldn't be with the love of his life. He also was as grateful as Pete, but he knew he wouldn't be able to say it. Not now, not yet.

The four of them had their brunch happily. Phun said that he was looking forward to taste Ae's cooking as Pete and Noh has nothing but compliments on how good it was. Ae was a bit embarrassed but promised to cook for them. Pete was playfully teasing his fiance when they heard a phone ring. It was Ae's and as he took it out Pete saw that it was from an unknown number but Ae definitely knew who it was. He looked meaningfully to Pete and as he answered, he put it on speaker for everyone to hear.

"P'Ae, you don't need to do that. You can take the call in private, I won't mind."

"But I do mind, my adorable angel because I perfectly knew who this is. So please, just listen and trust me."

A woman's voice spoke through the phone which sent triggers to Pete's insecurities, he trembled. Ae hold his hands tightly, while Noh and Phun touched him lovingly on both his shoulders. Noh and Phun saw through Ae's intention and decided to support him. Pete breathe deeply to compose himself and looked at Ae to encourage him to continue. Ae nodded.

"Hello, Ae! It's me Jade."

"How did you get my number?"

"Sorry about that, Ae. I know you said you'll think about talking to me. But I really want to talk to you. To explain everything to you. So I have to find a way to do it."

Noh rolled his eyes in annoyance but Phun shook his head to stop Noh from picking up the phone and shouting to it. Ae let out a sigh, audible enough to be heard on the other line just like he wanted.

"So what do you want?"

"Can you meet me?"

"Where?"

"At Mezzaluna. We loved that place, didn't we?"

"Stop. What time?"

"Around 7 in the evening."

"I'll be there."

"Than.."

Ae cut the call without Jade finishing her words and look at Pete. Pete calmly smiled at him.