Ruse to Retaliate

"I am Ae Intouch. I'm here not to answer questions but provide my statement to Jade Anusorn's claim about me being the alleged father of her son. Though I'm highly skeptical of this claim, the child has nothing to do with what happened with me and Ms. Anusorn in the past and definitely has the right to know the truth. In line with that, my lawyer will coordinate with Ms. Anusorn's side about the DNA testing procedure that I wanted to be done between me and the child. That's all. Have a good day everyone."

As Ae left the podium, he was barraged with reporters' questions which he ignored.

"Mr. Intouch, do you deny it? That this child is yours?"

"Mr. Intouch, are you saying that you and Ms. Anusorn had a relationship?"

"Mr. Intouch, you said that you are Pete Pichaya's fiance? Is it true that he seduced you as Ms. Anusorn claimed?"

Ae glared on the reporter that sprouted the last question but did not response because Earth stopped him.

"My client is not bound to answer your questions. We will publish the results of the DNA once it's done. That will be all, excuse us."

Earth and Ae left the venue of the press conference that Noh arranged for them and headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pete was pacing back and forth after watching Ae's press conference. He was staying with Ae and his mom for the meantime as it was what Prija requested. She doesn't want Pete away from her. Prija looked by the kitchen door.

"Pete, my baby, you'll ruin carpet."

"Ma, I'm worried."

"Ae will be fine. They will be home in a few. Why won't you help me in the kitchen and prepare lunch for Ae?"

Pete went to the kitchen to assist Prija. Prija smiled lovingly as she provided instructions for the lunch they were preparing. Pete, being well adept in the kitchen, had no problems following them. He stayed quiet and preoccupied for a few minutes until curiosity got the best of him.

"Ma, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, my baby."

Pete fidgeted nervously as he stopped what he was doing and look at Prija.

"Why did you accept me for P'Ae?"

Prija looked at Pete with a confused expression but smiled as she responded.

"I have quite a lot, I should say. First, you are such a sweet, kind child. Everyone who will know you will fall with your charm. Second, I know I have told this before, you brought back Ae to us. The child that we lost through the pain he faced. And the most important thing of all, Ae loves you so much. A love so pure and true that it won't make sense for us to go against it. Are those not enough? I can list more if you want."

Prija winked as she finished her litany. Pete was overwhelmed with emotions, he freed his hands and gave the woman he now calls as his mother a tight hug.

"Ma, thank you for everything."

"I haven't done much for you yet, Pete. But remember this, you are family now. You are my son now. So stop thinking of anything unnecessary. Let's finish this up before Ae returns."

Pete nodded rather vigorously that earned a chuckle from Prija as they continue their preparations.

As the two finished preparing for lunch, the door sprang open because Ae and Earth has arrived. Pete, on the speed of light, ran towards the door and gave Ae an excited and relieved hug, pressing his face on the crook of Ae's neck.