Home

Ae has always been an early riser.Especially when he is home because he loves to prepare breakfast for his family and most beloved niece when he is here. The family is used to Ae arriving late at night everytime he goes home and breakfast will surely be extravagant the next day.

Ae woke up a bit startled because he found someone else is on his bed.

"Fuck! I totally forgot I went home with this kid last night."

Ae sat on the bed resting his back at the headrest quitely directed his eyes to the guy sleeping soundly on his bed  with no care in the world.

"He really has a pretty face. Fair skin.Nice nose. Plump lips. Defined jaw. His ears are cute too. His cheeks and hair look so soft. He actually looks like an angel."

Ae, unconciously, reached for Pete's head to slowly remove the bangs that covered the guy's closed eyes.

The touch on that few strands of hair sent Ae an undefined sensation that caused him to want to touch the cheek infront of him.

His heart missed another beat before reaching his goal, creating a need to for him to take a deep breathe and waking him up from the trance-like state.

"What the hell is wrong with my heart? It has been missing a beat since yesterday! And what the hell I'm thinking wanting to touch Pete's cheeks!"

Ae put his hands to his heart and decide to leave the room as fast as he could after giving the sleeping beauty another glance.

...

Ae is currently busy in the kitchen. Preparing for breakfast. After going about here and there, he is almost done when a familiar voice greeted him.

"Good Morning, Ae!" a sweet voice echoed in the silent kitchen.

"Good Morning, Ma!"

"How's Bangkok?" The pretty lady asked as she seated herself at the kitchen counter.

"Same old. Same old." Ae replied still busy on his preparations at the dining table.

"By the way, Ma. I brought someone last night..."

"Ohhhh! Finally bringing someone." His mom cut him off.

Looking at his youngest son meaningfully but with pure delight. "It has been a while, Ae!"

"Oh Ma, he is just a friend. And most probably you know him because you love watching those drama series on tv." Ae said while rolling his eyes not really creating any eye contact to the only person he could never lie.

It's true though that it has been years since he brought someone home. Not since... Ae shook the thought.

"How would I know him if this is the first time I would meet him?" His mom asked, seeing a change on his son's expression.

"We will see about that. Wake up everyone to have breakfast. I'm hungry now." Ae was smirking to his Mom before leaving to wake up his guest.

...

Ae quietly entered the room, wanting to surprise the guy inside but when he looked at the bed, Pete was still sleeping soundly.

Ae shook his head and chuckled.

"So he was serious last night when he said he could sleep anywhere. I mean he is not even in his room but look at how peacefully he is sleeping!"

Ae seated himself on the bed and started shaking Pete gently to wake him up, who was facing the other side.

"Pete, wake up. It's time for breakfast."

Pete mumbled something inaudible and face the side where Ae was seated. He extended his arms and hugged Ae's waist. Then he moved his body to snuggle his head at Ae's back.

The action of the sleeping guy caught Ae by surprise making him froze. The contact stopped his heart, again, and after a deep breath, his heart started beating wildly. He really felt that it will pop out of his chest.

With all the composure still left in Ae, he shook Pete again. A bit roughly this time.

"Hey, Pete! Wake up!"

Pete opened his eyes and suddenly became aware that he was actually hugging someone.

Fully awake now, he bolted up. Making him dizzy for a bit because of the sudden movement.

"P'Ae! I'm...sorry! I thought... I was hugging my body pillow." Pete staggered as he put some distance between them. He almost fell off the bed, face and ears red.

Ae can't suppressed his laughters, seeing how shocked Pete was. He found the blushed cheeks and reddened ears really adorable.

"Since you seem fully awake now. Fix yourself up. Breakfast is ready." Ae was still smiling widely as he left the room.

Pete stood up and rushed to the bathroom.

"What the hell I was doing?"

Pete looked at himself at the mirror. Seeing his flushed expression, he washed his face with cold water until the redness faded.

"It felt nice though..."  Pete thought as he heads out of the bathroom.

Ae, on the other hand, was trying to calm his heart. He put his back at his bedroom door, and started doing breathing exercises until his heartbeat becomes regular again. He is unsure why this kid has this much impact to him.

"Aish, this kid really. He is super adorable!"

Ae smiling and shaking his head as he walks to the kitchen.

...

Everyone was already at the table when Pete arrived. All eyes was on him, making him want to run back to the room. He was used to be the center of attention but he find the situation different.

"Pete, here." Ae called while pointing to the available seat beside him.

Pete went to sit by Ae's side as Ae started the introduction.

"Pete, this my Ma and Pa. Then the guy over there is my elder brother, P'Oh and beside him is his wife, P'Nat. And this pretty little girl beside me is my N'Yim!" Ae said before trying to kiss his niece cheeks.

"I'm not yours, Ar'Ae!" Yim playfully responded while avoiding her uncle's kiss. The family is laughing at the exchange of the two.

"And this is Pete, my new friend" Ae after finally being able to kiss his niece cheeks.

Pete felt strange being introduced by Ae as a friend. But since he is more preoccupied in making sure that he greets Ae's family respectfully, he did not give it anymore attention.

"Hello! Nice to meet you all."

He stood up and bowed but was  startled because Ae's mom shouted.

"Ahhhh! You are that actor on TV."

"Ma, I told you know him." Ae was laughing at the reaction of his mom.

"But can we eat first before you start fangirling. My guest seems really hungry now." Ae winked at Pete.

"Be ready, Pete. She will not let you go easily."

The family started breakfast while chatting, laughing at small things. Pete was enjoying the conversation while eating with Ae's family.

How long has it been since he experienced this?

The warmth and happiness of eating together in one table.

Pete felt like he is home.

He then realized that he was yearning to be home.

-----------

I originally wrote this as a diversion,
cause my anxiety is eating me up slowly and it was scary..

then a really close friend, more like a sister to me, started reading it and demanding to me to finish it.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

And since I love her, I'll continue to try my best and keep my sanity intact.