The Delay

Ae woke up early and started fixing his things. He was so excited to go back to Bangkok and see his adorable angel. While Pond was still sleeping soundly, the door of their room flung open.

"Ae, you're so excited to go back?"

"Yes, P'Top. I miss my adorable angel so much."

Ae was smiling sheepishly as Top rolled his eyes.

"But you have to hold your horses, Ae. We will still need to attend a lunch gala so I had our flights be moved in the evening."

Ae was dumbstrucked. He didn't know about the lunch gala.

"P'Top, can I not join the gala? I told Pete I'll be back after lunch."

"Ae, did you forget that your are the manager of the marketing department? You very well know why it is you and Pond that I brought with me here. There are so many potential clients in this convention. We need to do this."

Ae knew he can't argue with P'Top. He was disappointed but he needed to suck it in.

"Ae, I'm sorry. It's just a few hours. I think Pete will understand."

"It's okay, P'. I'll just message Pete. I'm just so eager to see him because I really miss him a lot."

"Thanks, Ae."

Top left the room. Ae got his suit out again but fixed everything else. He then sat down by the balcony and messaged Pete.

"Good Morning, my Adorable Angel. Our flight was moved in the evening due to a lunch gala. I think I'll be in Bangkok very late. I'm sorry, we can't have lunch. Maybe we could go out tomorrow for breakfast. I'll pick you up."

---

Pete was so excited for today. This is the day he was waiting for. The day that he would give his answer to his P'Ae. All he had was an interview for a talk show and the rest of his day was free in anticipation of spending it with his P'Ae. He had been sleepless the whole night, thinking of how he will say his feelings to his P'Ae.

He just got out of the bathroom when his phone vibrated. He immediately run to his bed to read the message but instead of a smile, a sad expression can be seen on his face.

He made his way to the kitchen where Noh was already preparing breakfast. Noh, sensing a gloomy aura around Pete, looked at him immediately and examined his expression.

"Did you have another bad dream about your P'Ae?"

"I did not."

"Then why do you look like all the bad things has happened to you in one swoop?"

"Noh, P'Ae's flight was moved in the evening. He said he will be back very late and that we will have breakfast tomorrow instead."

Pete looked so dejected as he pouted his lips and sat at the kitchen counter. Noh shook his head in disbelief.

"Did he say why it was moved, Pete?"

"He said because of a lunch gala or something."

"See, he didn't move it because he wanted to. It was moved because it has to. He has work, like you, and you need to understand it. It's just a few hours."

"But I only have one commitment for the day because I wanted to spend the rest of the day with him."

"But you also made me sure that your weekend is free, Pete. So don't be a spoiled dummy. He will be back soon and he will definitely see you first."

"I'm not being spoiled, Noh. I just badly want to see him."

Pete looked like a kid that was reprimanded by his parent. Noh sighed and placed the breakfast infront of him.