Deception

"Why did you become so serious there? You have been looking at your phone for almost two minutes now. Have any plans on finishing my make up? "

The question startled Can. He was in deep thought and did not notice that he had been looking at his phone for that long. He looked with a puzzled and worried expression to meet the eyes of the person that asked him. Tin was actually teasing the guy who suddenly became stiff as wood but his playful expression changed immediately to a concerned one.

"Anything wrong?"

But before Can could reply, his phone rang. Seeing who was calling, he immediately answered the call.

"P'Phun..."

"Can, I need to ask you something."

"What is it, P'? I'm working right now."

"Ae is your cousin right? Is he a good guy? I mean do you think he will not hurt my baby boy? I'm really worried here.."

Can rolled his eyes. He was expecting his call since he knew that this guy will know soon enough about his cousin and Pete. He was also expecting him to react this way, always over the top when it comes to Pete. He knew very well as this guy talks only about Pete and Noh every time.

"Of course, P'. My P'Ae is a good guy. But will you just meet the guy instead of bugging me at work!"

"Yeah, I will meet him very soon. Transitions and turnovers here are doing better than I expected so I will be back sooner than I thought."

Can's face lit up with happiness while Tin was looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Do they know, P'?"

"Nope! It's a surprise. Don't you dare tell them, okay? I'll see you soon."

"Okay, P'. I won't tell them. Bye!"

Can kept his phone and started to continue working on Tin's make up.

"Why are you so unpredictable, you were worried one minute, then happy another minute. Was that your lover who called?

Tin tried to ask nonchalantly but the irritated tone was evident. Can smiled and without notice, hugged the neck of the guy.

"Why do I feel someone is jealous in this room?"

Tin's eyes were big with surprise, feeling the hug and the nearness of Can's face to his. He could feel himself flushed. He started to fervently move his head from side to side.

"Are you crazy? Why would I be jealous? I was just... asking!"

"Yeah, yeah. You were just asking."

Can was smirking. He was loving every reaction he was getting from Tin. He really enjoys teasing this guy and catching him off guard.

"It was P'Phun who called, Noh's boyfriend and self proclaimed dad of Pete. Don't tell them but he will be back soon."

"Ohhhhh, okay. Then why are you worried before he called?"

Can let go of Tin and again looked at the mirror, the worried expression was back. Tin was looking at him, waiting patiently for an explanation.

"Pete wanted to talk to me tomorrow after our event."

"So what's wrong with that?"

Can sighed.

"Do you know where Pete is now?"

"All I know is that he is on a script reading for his latest project. It is a big movie since the director is a world renowned one."

"Yeah. And that director is P'Ae's ex-fiance. The one I bumped with at MTK TV."