Nostalgia

Ae, Pete and Yim bade their goodbyes as they were to go to their overnight trip to Yim's favorite resort in Khon Kaen.

Since Yim is with them, Pete has to be seated at the back with her. They started playing as soon as they were seated. While Ae was their driver.

Ae took a deep breath, it has been 3 years since he went to that resort. And even if Yim begged him to bring her there before, he would just suggest other places that they could go. He can't really understand why today he agreed. He was quite unsure as well on how he would feel once he returns. The place held so much memories for him.

"N'Yim, we will go to Central Plaza first. Ar'Pete has to buy stuff and we will have our lunch there." Ae said as he started the car.

"That's fine. Ar'Pete, do you know how to cook?" Yim asked to the guy beside him.

"I do, why do you ask?" Pete looked puzzled.

"Will you cook for me and Ar'Ae?" Yim pleaded.

"N'Yim, I can cook pretty well. You don't have to ask your Ar'Pete. And besides, there is a restaurant there where we could eat." Ae interrupted his niece.

"But I want Ar'Pete to cook for us."

Yim was pouting while looking at her Ar'Ae at the driver seat.

"There, there. I will cook for you. What do you want so we could buy the ingredients?" Pete in a soothing voice to calm the little kid.

Yim looked at Pete with smiling eyes like she just received the best good news today.

"Ar'Pete, let's cook chicken and pork barbeque and pad thai. Ar'Ae loves them too. Can you do it?" The cute kid requested.

"Yeah, that's easy!" Pete responded immediately.

"Pete, you don't have to spoil her that much. I can do the cooking."

Ae interjected aftet hearing the conversation.

"But I am not spoiling N'Yim. I really want to cook for both of you."

Pete looked rejected even though he knew that Ae was just being polite.

Ae swore that these two can really get what they want from him. He can't even fathom the hold these two have on him and why he has no strength to turn them down. He looked at the two, looking dejected and now pouting looking out at the window on their side, Ae sighed and surrendered in defeat.

"But Pete, can you really cook? We don't want any accident in the resort." He teased.

Pete looked at the car seat, wide eyed. He felt that his P'Ae was agreeing with their idea.

"P'Ae! Of course, I can. I may look like a fragile, rich kid but really I am not. I know how to cook, do house chores and other things too."

Pete said confidently looking like a child who was bragging to his parents what he had learned from school.

Ae can't helped but laugh.

"Saying it with that expression, you don't look so convincing at all."

Pete put out his tongue and went back to playing with N'Yim. He knew they won this round.

Ae was just smiling widely as he drove.

---

As they reached Central Plaza, Pete wore a bonnet and a shades to avoid people recognizing him a bit.

"How in the world can this guy look stunningly beautiful even though he had covered most of his face. Are all actors the same?"

Ae looked at the beauty that was descending from his car while holding a cute little angel with him. His heart skipped another beat. He was getting used to it, but that doesn't mean he was comfortable with it.