Yearning

Ae left to meet Jade, Pete felt empty and worried as hell but he tried to keep himself calm and collected. He knew, more than anyone else, how deep his love and trust to his P'Ae was. He was intently looking at his phone, not really sure what he was waiting for, when Phun and Noh approached him.

"I've called the production team and told them that you will be back tomorrow for the shoot. Just like you wanted, Pete."

"Thank you, Noh. Please don't be angry at me. I have to do this."

Noh just look at Pete exasperatedly but he really can't bring himself to be angry at him.

"I'm not angry at you, Pete. I'm irritated and I'm worried. What are you thinking really?"

Pete looked lovingly at this couple that made him who he is right now. Who stayed with him, no matter how difficult, complicated and different he was.

"Noh, P'Phun, my decision is final. If my career would bring pain to P'Ae and to both of you, you know there's really nothing for me to think about. If I would loose my career over the prejudices of people, it's a done deal. I'll let go of it. Not because I don't love it nor I'm not grateful, it's just that both of you and P'Ae are more important to me. More than the fame, more than the success, more than the status."

Phun hugged his baby and soothingly spoke.

"My baby, I'm fully aware you know how messy and difficult this will be. But just remember, you will not be alone. You have us. You have Can and Tin. And you have Ae. Every step of the way."

Pete's tears fell but he was not sad. On the contrary, those were happy tears as he knew he was loved, despite of everything.

"So Pete, how do you want us to handle it?"

"Noh, let's finish the movie. Tomorrow will be the last shooting day. I know Jade won't stop, she will ruin this Pete that most people know. I will loose endorsements and projects one by one, but that's fine. Let them leave. I will not renew any contract and won't accept any projects as well, I'll just finish those at hand. Depending on how the situation play, we will announce my hiatus from the entertainment industry."

"That seems to be a plan. Phun and I already fixed everything about your bakeshop like how you always wanted. We will need to find someone to help you out in the shop, 2 employees perhaps. I already posted the job opening."

"That's great. I'll focus on those interviews. I will start it as soon as possible. I don't want to drag P'Ae in this mess."

"I'll agree with all that you want do, Pete. But I also have my condition."

"What is it, Noh?"

"If the chance presents itself, I'll deal with Jade my way. Every chance."

Pete and Phun looked at each other, looking horrified. It was Phun who voiced out his concern.

"Babe, don't do anything unnecessary please. That girl is not worth it. I don't want you to get in any trouble."

"Why are you both looking at me like I'll murder someone? Come on, that's no fun at all. She will need to feed my amusement for hurting my Pete."

Pete and Phun just shrugged. They knew that when Noh wears that devilish smirk, it's a lost battle trying to talk him out of it.

----------

Ae took his time on returning, to be able to calm his nerves and be ready to smile and shower his adorable angel with all the love he deserve. He was not expecting him to be waiting as Noh gave him a spare key but as he approached the gate, even before he hit the brakes to step out of the car, the gate slowly opened for him. He squinted his eyes to see who opened it for him and was surprised to see his adorable angel smiling expectantly, waiting for him.
Ae parked the car and as soon as he alight from his car, someone threw himself to him with a tight hug.