Can's Trap

Everyone was staying in the living room when a suprised guest went barging in the house, shouting like he was the star of the party.

"Can is back! Did you all miss me?"

Everyone's attention was diverted to the newcomer, all were wide-eyed, including Ae and Pete.

"Ar'Can!"

N'Yim who was seated on Pete's lap, jump down and run to Can. Can picked up the little girl and hugged her tightly.

"How are you, my pretty lady? Did you miss Ar'Can?"

"I did!" N'Yim was giggling.

Can was really like a storm, in a span of few seconds, he was able to greet everyone in the room while carrying N'Yim. He was really a ball of energy, one of the many reasons that he is N'Yim's favorite playmate. But he saved his last greeting for Pete.

"Hi, Pete. It's nice to see you again."

Can said in a casual tone before sitting in between Ae and Pete, still with Yim at his arms. Pete had to scoot over to give him room.

"Can, when did you come back?"

P'Oh asked, taking Yim from his embrace so he could settle properly.

"Two nights ago, P'Oh."

"And where are you staying? Why didn't you even bother to give us a call after two years in the US?"

It was now Ae's mom who was interrogating Can, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Ohhhhh, Ma. Don't be angry at Can. I wanted to suprise everyone. That's how I am. And I'm staying at P'Ae's place for the meantime."

Can was now again being clingy with Ae, hugging Ae's waist. Can has been like that with Ae eversince they were kids that everyone was used to see how Can is with Ae, except for one.

The only person in the room who is now having a hard time breathing but trying his best to look okay. His behaviour was overshadowed by Can's presence which actually made Pete really thankful. The family continued their catching up with Can which gave Pete a chance to quietly exit the living room without anyone noticing, well except for Can who had planned for it to happen. Can smirked while he continued to divert everyone's attention to him.

"A few minutes more, Can. P'Ae shouldn't notice yet. Timing is everything."

"This crazy kid. You always turn our lives around with your whirlwind decision making."

Ae's mom sounded exasperated, remembering all the times that Can almost gave her a heart attack. But Can was just smiling widely at his second mom's reaction.

"Are you staying for good, Can?"

"Not sure, Pa. But I have a job now here. A year contract to be the stylist for Tin and Pete here."

Can looked at where Pete should be sitting and made up a really confused reaction.

"Hey, P'Ae, where is Pete?"

Ae was suprised to see that Pete was not in the living room with them.

"He must be in the kitchen. I'll get him."

Ae said as he walked to the kitchen. When Ae was out of earshot, Ae's mom asked Can, looking at him seriously.

"What are you doing, Can? You can't fool me with that innocent look."

"Just helping P'Ae out, Ma. They are both so clueless!"

"Pete doesn't know your Ae's cousin, does he?"