Journey

Noh was done sorting the mess that happened during the mini-fan meet at the hotel. He was so freaking tired.

"Pete, it's time to go home." Noh announced as he opened the van's door.

He was shocked to know that Pete is not inside the van.

"Where the hell is that idiot?" Noh asked himself while getting his phone and dialing Pete's number.

He was startled when the phone rings inside his pocket!

"Fuck! I have his phone and wallet!"

He suddenly realized that he has a voicemail from an unknown number. He opened it and heard Pete's voice.

"Noh, I'm with P'Ae. We will be going to his hometown in Khon Kaen. I don't have anything scheduled this weekend, right? I'll be back on Monday na. This is P'Ae's number. I'll call you again once we are there. Thank you for sorting that mess for me."

"Who the hell is P'Ae? What are you doing, Pete? I'm so tired today to deal with you. I'll just call this number tomorrow." Noh was shaking his head in disbelief and started the engine to drive himself home.

He knows how responsible Pete is. He is not worried about him getting lost or hurt because behind Pete's adorable exterior is a guy who knows a lot about life. He is just wondering why Pete decided to go with someone whom he barely knew.

. . .

"Pete, we are almost there. Wake up." Ae gently shaking the guy beside him.

"P'Ae, did I sleep that long?" Pete asked sluggishly while rubbing his eyes to keep himself from sleeping again.

Ae was glancing at the half-awake guy beside him and saw how child-like he was. He needed another deep breath because for the third time, he felt his heart stopped.

"What the hell is wrong with my heart today? It keeps on stopping." Ae clenched his chest, making sure he is still alive.

"Yeah, you did. For good five hours. Are you hungry? We need to stop to eat somewhere because I think my family is already asleep and I don't want to cook." Ae replied looking back at the road.

"No, I'm still good P'Ae." Pete suddenly remembered he doesn't have any money with him.

But his stomach made a loud noise. Seems like protesting with what he just said.

Ae laughed out loud making Pete turned red with embarassment.

"Your stomach is saying otherwise! There is a 24-hr congee place near our house. Let's stop there and grab some dinner. I'm hungry too." Ae stated after his laughing fit.

"Okay, P'Ae." Pete quietly responded. Still embarrased.

"Did you drive without stopping, P'Ae?" Pete asked curiously, since the guy beside him mentioned he has been sleeping for almost five hours.

"Yeah. I'm used to it. I just play some music. But since you are sleeping soundly, I don't want to wake you up that I didn't do it today." Ae replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Sorry, P'Ae. You must have been bored all throughout the trip." Pete suddenly felt guilty.

"Not at all. There's the congee place." Ae pointed on a restaurant by the road. Ae parked the car.

"Pete, wear this cap please. There are very few people now, but I don't like to risk any commotion. I want to eat in peace." Ae giving the cap he always have in his dashboard.

"Sure, P'Ae. Thank you." Pete accepted and wear the cap, making sure that his face is hidden.

Ae and Pete entered the congee restaurant together and took the most secluded part.

"Are you okay with this kind of food? or would you like us to find a convenience store?" Ae asked, uncertain if this actor can actually eat in this kind of food stall.

"I'm fine here, P'Ae. It has been a while since I last eat in a place like this. I'm actually excited." Pete's face shows extreme happiness right now.

Ae was actually curious with this guy. He certainly has a breeding of someone who is rich but the sincere happiness he can see on Pete's face makes him think that the guy is remembering happy memories in a place like this.

They ordered their food. Pete actually finished two orders. He ate with enthusiasm and Ae was actually enjoying the sight.

"Aish, this kid. Saying he is not hungry. Look at how he eats. Such a messy eater." Ae smiles.

Ae instinctively pick up a tissue and wipe Pete's lips which startled the actor.

"P'Ae?" Pete felt warmness on his cheeks because of the contact.

"I'm sorry. You are such a messy eater like my N'Yim. I can't help myself but wipe it." Ae explained, still smiling.

"Your N'Yim?" Pete silently asked. Still feeling shy because of what his P'Ae did.

"My pretty niece. You'll definitely meet her tomorrow." Ae said proudly.

"Oh I can't wait to meet her." Pete replied. He was wondering why he felt a certain kind of relief knowing that this person that made his P'Ae smile beautifully is his niece.

"Are you done now, Pete? Let's go home. I am a bit tired and sleepy since I am full now." Ae told Pete. His eyes is a bit drowsy.

"Can you still drive, P'Ae?" Pete inquired in a worried tone.

"Of course. Our house is just two blocks from here. So don't you worry about me. We won't get to any accidents." Ae assured.

They return back to the car and after a few minutes, Ae parked the car infront of a closed restaurant.

"Here we are, Pete! Seems like everyone is already asleep. You will be sleeping in my room as we don't have extra rooms that I can offer you. I hope you are fine with that?" Ae said as he opened the door with his spare key.

"I'm fine with it, P'Ae. I can even sleep on the floor. I've been bugging you the whole day, so anywhere is fine." Pete replied.

"No one is sleeping on the floor, Pete. My bed is good enough for two people." Ae stated.

Pete was looking around. He found Ae's family house very warm even though it is dark and no one is around. It gave him a good feeling, he can't help but smile.

As they entered Ae's room, Ae went directly to his closet. Got two sets of boxers and sando shirt.

"Let's just buy stuff you need tomorrow. For now, use these." Ae said as he handed the clothes to Pete.

"P'Ae, I'll pay you back once we are back in Bangkok." Pete assured as he was walking towards the bathroom.

"Sure, sure." Ae answered, who has already changed and already lying on his bed.

When Pete came out of the bathroom, Ae is already sleeping soundly.

"He looks really beat." Pete looks at Ae while taking the other side of the bed.

"Good night and Thank you, P'Ae."