Ae's Hurtful Past

After putting their things in the room,
Pete started to work in the kitchen while Ae was following after his energetic niece who was jumping up and down on the bed. Pete was enjoying the view.

"N'Yim! Change to your swimsuit, the pool looks inviting."

Ae shouted to the kid who was running around the room.

"Yey! The pool!" Yim shouted back as she run towards his uncle and jumped at him making the two fall on the bed.
All three of them were laughing.

After much effort, Ae was able to change Yim's clothes and went to the veranda and while the kid jumped in the pool. Ae seated himself on the chair and continued to watch over his niece.

"Pete, you don't have to do that now. Come join us and relax."

Ae was calling out Pete without taking his eyes away from Yim.

"That's fine, P'Ae! I'll finish with this before that little princess gets hungry then I'll join you."

Pete answered, still busy with his cooking.

Ae opened the veranda door fully to see Pete in the kitchen. He was amazed to see that Pete really knows his way around it. Pete looked so gracious and elegant when moving around like he has been doing this all his life. Ae can't help but tease the guy.

"You will make a perfect wife, Pete!"

Pete went all red, from his neck to his face to his ears, when he heard his P'Ae's comment. He was so shocked that he cut himself because he lost his focus on what he was doing.

"Ouch!"

"Hey, Pete! Are you okay? I was just joking."

Ae run to Pete. When he saw the blood that was ooozing out of Pete's finger, Ae was worried and was on panic mode.

"P'Ae, I'm just fine. It's just a little..."

But before Pete could finish his sentence, Ae already put his index finger to his mouth to keep it from bleeding.

Pete was more than shocked, he was petrified! He didn't expect that he could be redder than he already is. He felt Ae's warmth enveloping the wound on his finger and it sent him electric currents all over his body.

"P'Ae, what... what... are you doing? That's dirty!"

Pete stuttered while he was trying to remove his fingers gently to avoid hurting his P'Ae's feeling.

"Pete, I'm sorry! I was just worried seeing the blood. I'll get the first aid kit."

Ae was shy and immediately left the kitchen to get the first aid kit.

"What the hell are you thinking, Ae?! Pete might think of you as a pervert. But I was really worried and that's what I usually do when I get cuts from a knife."

Pete had to breathe in and out to return his heartbeat to normal while washing his wound with cold water. The blood already stopped but Pete could still feel the warmth.

"Heart, please calm yourself. Don't you dare start those silly emotions. P'Ae was just concerned. No need to give deeper meaning to that"

Ae came back with the first aid kit and nursed Pete's wound. Yim noticing that her two uncles where out of sight, peeked at the veranda door.

"Ar'Ae, what happened to Ar'Pete?"

The two almost jumped at their place, startled. They were silent because of the tension caused by the earlier events.

"He cut his index finger but he's alright now. It's just a little wound."

"Ohhh, make sure to take care of him, Ar'Ae!"