Lovely Lazy Afternoon

It was already mid-afternoon when Ae woke up. His lips formed into a contented smile as he looked at the beautiful creature quietly rested on his chest, hugging him. He was looking at his face, adoringly, while slowly caressing his soft, black locks.

He almost forgot how it feels to wake up smiling. When Jade hurt him, he thought he will not be capable to love someone else. Anyone who knew him really well, will have to agree with him. That time, Jade was like center of his life. Everything was about her. But when she decided to leave, part of Ae died while he struggled to continue living. Who would have blame him? He was so used to having her in his life, growing up together as kids. When Jade left, there was huge empty space in his heart and soul, something he believe will stay hollow until Pete came into his life.

Looking at his boyfriend, he finally realized why that space was so huge. It was because the love he felt for Pete consumes his all being, even with a cave-like hole, it overflows. In the short time they have been together, Pete filled the emptiness in him like it was nothing.

Ae softly caressed Pete's cheek, full of love and adoration.

"This guy will really be the death of me. I still can't believe that he loves me too. He is my lover now? This is not a dream, isn't it?"

Ae was pinching his own cheek when Pete moved. He didn't realized that the other guy was already awake, looking at him with an amused expression.

"What are you doing, P'Ae? Why are you hurting yourself?"

Pete asked as he held Ae's hand to stop it. Ae smiled, shyly.

"I was checking if I was dreaming."

"My P'Ae is really crazy. This is not a dream, okay?"

Pete was rolling his eyes as he touched the red spot that Ae created on his own cheek.

"I love you, P'Ae and you better believe it! So stop hurting yourself!"

Ae grinned from ear to ear and locked him in an embrace like he will disappear if he let go. Pete giggled as he returned the embrace. They were cuddling quietly when Ae's phone rang.

Ma
Video calling

Ae reached for the phone to answer it.

"Ae! You are back in Bangkok but did not even bother to call your mother! And why are you still in bed so late?!"

Ae's mom was shouting over the phone, making Ae put the phone far from his face, grimacing.

"Sorry, Ma. A certain angel got so drunk last night with our crazy Can."

Ae teasingly winked to the guy beside  him, who was trying his best to avoid the phone's camera due to his shyness. Pete knew his P'Ae's mom is very kind but still he doesn't want to be seen in a compromising way. But his P'Ae was making it very hard to move away because as he struggled his way out of his embrace and the bed, Ae's grip tightened.

"And who are you referring to? Are you saying my other son is there with you?"

Ae's mom could be heard giggling on the other line, making Ae laugh out loud. Not only because he was laughing at his mom's innuendos but also to the wide-eyed angel who became stiff after hearing what his mom said. Ae took this chance to pull Pete closer to him until both of them can be now seen on the camera.

"Yes, Ma. He is here. My boyfriend."

Ae smiled proudly. His mom made a mixed of excited, surprised and happy expression.