Belongingness

After breakfast, everyone was in the living room except for Ae who was left to do the dishes.

As Ae was making his way to the living room to join everyone, his phone rang and an unfamiliar number flashed on the screen.

Looking at it for a while, he decided to answer it. A guy's voice came through,

"Hello, Is this Ae? This is Noh. I would like to speak to Pete, please."

"Yes, this is. Let me get him for you."

Ae knew that this person is Pete's manager and bestfriend but he wasn't sure why there is a certain discomfort within his heart about it.

"Pete, someone wants to talk to you."

Ae announced as he entered the living room, shaking his phone a bit.

Pete look at him questioningly, a bit surprised because he was obviously busy chatting with Ae's family.

"It's Noh."

"Oh!"

Pete ran towards Ae and took the phone before stepping out the veranda. Ae's look followed him with a really uncomfortable expression that Pete failed to notice. Pete was actually bracing himself for a scolding.

"Hello, Noh..."

"What the hell are you doing, Pete?! Do you know how worried I was when I didn't see you in the van. Then to make things worse, you don't have your phone and wallet with you!"

Noh was practically shouting over the phone, that Pete has to put the phone away from his ears or else he will be deaf in no time.

"I'm sorry, Noh. I'll explain what happened when I come back on Monday. Please let me be for a while. I guess I needed a break."

Pete sounded quite worried and begging at the same time. He only has Noh by side all this time and he really don't want him leaving him too because of this. However, Noh remained silent on the other line.

"Please, Noh. Just this weekend and..."

Pete was ready to bargain everything just to not go back immediately. Noh cut him off as he could feel the urgency and need on his bestfriend's tone. But of course, as always, he would not let his bestfriend off the hook that easily.

"Okay, I'll let you be. But with one condition."

"Okay, I'll do everything you will ask me too." Pete answered in lightning speed.

"You will tell me everything that has been going on that small mind of yours. I've noticed it for quite a while now but you are so uncooperative. When we talk, you will come clean. Is that clear?"

Pete needed to take a deep breath because he doesn't want Noh to know about what he is going through right now, but when he looked back at the living room and saw Ae and his family, happily talking to each other, he doesn't want to leave yet. He decided.

"Okay. I will. Thank you, Noh. I'll see you on Monday."

"Good! Take care of yourself."

"Hey, Noh..." Pete was about to ask his manager to send him some money but he already hang up.

"He still angry. Asking me to take care of myself but doesn't want to send me any cash. Aaah! You've always been a stingy bastard, Noh!"

---

Pete made his way back to the living room. He saw Yim run towards him and raised her hands, asking him to to carry her in arms which Pete happily complied.