Lost Chance and First Chance

Prija went out of their room with a very beautiful smile on her face as she entered their living room where the rest were happily chatting. It was Oh who first noticed her. 

"Ma, why do you seem so happy? You just called Ae."

"They are finally together!"

"Who?"

Oh was confused. His mom seemed to be spouting nonsense lately. But before he could say anything, Nat stood up and excitedly approached Prija and held her hands. 

"Is it true, Ma?"

Prija nodded, the smile never leaving her face, which made Nat squeal. This made Oh more confused, his brows furrowed on how the two girls were acting. But before he could ask again,  his dad interfered with a short comment while Yim, realizing it,  shrieked with happiness.

"Finally!"

"Why do I feel, I am being left out on something?!"

Oh bursted out his confusion which made everyone laugh. It was Yim who explained it, with a clear exasperation on her face.

"It's Ar'Ae and Ar'Pete, Dad. They are finally together."

Oh was shocked with what he heard. He was happy but then looked at her daughter to inquire something.

"How did you know about these things, you are too young?"

Yim just rolled her eyes at her Dad,  making the rest of the family giggled. Nat approached his husband and pacified him. 

"You are quite slow sometimes, dear.  Don't take it out on N'Yim."

Oh frowned then smiled.

"Ae did not let him go or maybe he feared to be disowned!"

The family was really happy with the news about Ae and Pete. It has been awhile since they have felt Ae being this happy. They even believe that he is much happier now than he used to be.  They were talking excitedly on how they will celebrate the good news once the couple pay them a visit when the door bell rang. 

"Are they coming today?"

"No, Oh. I don't think so. They just woke up when I called."

"Anyone expecting a guest today?"

The rest shook their head. Oh approached the door and nothing prepared him to the surprised he got when he opened the door. 

"Good afternoon, P'Oh! Good afternoon, everyone!"

The girl greeted as she let herself in the house.

Prija stood up in her surprise.

"Jade, what are you doing here?"

"Hi Ma, is Ae here? I went to his apartment but they said he already moved years ago."

Prija hesistated in her response. She remembered how broken Ae was few months after the proposal. The hurt she saw in his son's eyes was unbearable and now the girl who was the reason of it was infront of her.  Prija composed herself and invited the girl to sit down.

"He moved few months after you left,  Jade."

"Can I have his address?  I need to talk to him. I know I have a lot of things to explain to him. Ma, please."

"I'm sorry, Jade. No one in this house will tell you that. Ae made the decision to move because he felt he will go crazy staying in that apartment. I will not let anything make him go through that again."

Jade was quiet. She perfectly understood how the family feels. Ae was a good son, a good brother, a good uncle, a good man. She knew everything was her fault, but now she realized it, all she could think of was a second chance. When she went back to Thailand, this was her goal, her reason. She believes Ae will still find it in his heart to forgive her.