☆2☆ Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends

Karmale's POV

Central City Law Firm.

"Good Morning madam," Claire greets with a humble bow.

Claire is an irritating but well mannered wench. That is the thing I  appreciate about her otherwise she gets to my nerves oftenly and pretty fast.

She is also a compact young woman. Small and strong. She is the active and dedicated type. She keeps it professional and respects her superiors.

She only joined this law firm a fortnight ago and was given the receptionist role but due to her efficiency, I recommended her to Mr. Jeopardenn who made her my personal assistant.

Talking about Mr. Jeopardenn... I can imagine the look on his face this morning because of my late arrival.

"Morning Claire." I respond as I move to the office of the board governors.

"Madam?" Calls Claire.

"Yes, Claire."

"The meeting is in the office of the board of governors." She tells me as she gently pulls my files from my hand.

This is what is irritating about her. Didn't she just see me move towards the same office?

I frown at her in response and she smiles back. What is joyous about the whole thing?
Claire!

I attempt to pull away the files but she moves back letting my hand sway past them making my bracelet get attached to one of the files. Claire!

As I pull away, it falls to the glass floor unhooked.
She hurriedly picks it up and smiles sheepishly.

Again!

She behaves like a clown and that behaviour of hers is so annoying. I snatch it from her, I walk off and she trails after me. I know that she is carrying my files but does she have to be so close. It is not like I am walking too fast to leave her far behind.

"Jeez! Claire!" I whisper yell because now we are in front of the door.
She smiles again! Really? Again?

She opens the door from behind me and as I enter I stumble for she is still too close.

All the board members give me disapproving looks.

"Thank you, Claire." I sacarstically mumble between gritted teeth.

And she smiles. Good God! This clown in a human body! Irritating smiling machine!

She shuts the door and hands me my files.

"They have been waiting for you since 8:20am." She whispers in my ear.

My face turns into an expression of questions.
As if reading my face she responds.

"Yes, the meeting was scheduled for 9:00am but Mr. Jeopardenn changed it. It was on short notice that the investors turned up. "

"Where are they anyway?" I ask.

"In Mr. Jeopardenn's office."

"So how is there being here my problem?"

"Their arrival compelled the board to sit earlier and..."She trailed off.

"And what? " I demanded.

"They wanted to see you in particular."

"So?"

"Mr. Jeopardenn kinda got jealous and so did the board members."

I let out a breathe only I could hear.