☆14☆ New Years

"Miss Kane. I am glad you made it today." Said Mr. Jeopardenn sarcastically.

"More of it. You are more than early today." He added.

"Sir. I don't know what your issue is but the fact that I am here is enough. Coming thirty five minutes earlier is no big deal. Besides, Shaun got here way earlier so what's your point?"

Shaun a good looking guy in a grey suit and salmon pink tie passed by and signalled Karmale to drop by his office before she goes to hers.

"I am just trying to buy time with the beautiful woman before me. Karmale, I have put the past events behind me. Let's make amends." Jeopardenn winked.

"You clearly have nothing sensible to say to me."

Karmale walked to Shaun's office.

"Good morning, gorgeous."greeted Shaun as Karmale entered his office.

"Shut up, you flirt. Is it only when I put on a two piece that I look gorgeous?"

"No miss. You are naturally a stunner regardless of your outfit."

"Oh! Really?"

"Yes. It's just that today you are exceptionally stunning. Most importantly, your outfit matches the colour of my neck tie. Now I am sure. We are meant to be."

"Is that the reason as to why you called me to your office, Shaun?"

"Just to spell it out for me that I am dressed in a single strapped bra- like top, knee length tight skirt. And they are all in salmon pink?"

"No Karmale. Even your shoes are of the same shed and your hair has pig tails and it is also tied up in a bun."

"Un---be---lievable! Shaun, really? So am I on some Fashion fix show?"

"No, Karmale. It's just that I want to take you out today."

"Shaun. You of all people should know how I have been so absent of recent."

"There go the excuses." Exhaled Shaun.

"Come on Shaun. Don't act like a child. I have a lot on my table to complete. Besides, my schedule today is full. I have like a million clients to see today. Till late."

"Till 7:00pm?" Asked Shaun with sacarcism.

"Whatever, Shaun. I am leaving. Come to the meeting room at exactly 8: 00 am. We have a meeting as lawyers of this firm with Mr. Jeopardenn." Said Karmale as she walked out of Shaun's office.

"A good morning to you all, my most deligent lawyers." Greeted Mr. Jeopardenn.

"Good morning, sir." They chorused.

They were ten lawyers in total. Three were female and the rest male.

"I want accountability for the cases you have been handling of late."

"Miss Kane. I will start with you."

"Of course, sir."

"The kidnap case of the four year old girl?"

"Sir, my client is most definitely guilty. The most annoying part of it all, he hides information from me. He is not cooperative. And at the end of the day, he wants me to win his case."

"You must Miss Kane. You must give the client what he wants." Advised her employer.

"I will. I will. But I also promise I will make him pay for doing that to an innocent child."

"Miss Kane just make sure you don't create a situation whereby your client--- Just do whatever it is you want anyway."

"What about the case with Mr. Alfredo?"