☆26☆ late returns...

Karmale arrived at the city law firm. She would hardly believe that she was at the entrance of the big building. She had long waited for this day. The day when Ryxel would let her proceed with her occupation. The morning whereby she would dress up, once again formally and report to her employer's premises. The day she would grace her workmates with her presence after quite a long time. The day she would go back to work. It had come.

Unfortunately, she was not as ecstatic as she thought she would be. She was rather nervous. Extremely nervous. One would mistake her for an internship student who had come to a company for her first time. Some who had to give her best to impress her supervisor.

She looked up at the highest floor of the structure and her eyes travelled it till the lower one.

"You ditched me, Ryxel!" She folded her fists in mild anger.

"But it's okay. I don't need you." She consoled.

"Morning, miss."

"Oh, Felix! Good morning. How have you been?" She turned to a man in black uniform.

"Fine, miss. What about you? It has been a while. I thought you would not recognise me when you saw me again. It has been long. Really. Where were you? What had happened? Why wouldn't you report to work, Miss?"

"Nothing, Felix." She quickly curt in remembering Ryxel's warning about telling anyone her recent whereabouts. There is no way she was going to risk her chance to work again. She was not going to say anything to anyone.

"I have actually been so fine that you needn't worry at all. I have been really good. Really good." She assured the concerned man.

She smiled at him and he reciprocated the gesture. His smile appeared a bit suspicious but Karmale couldn't care any less.

She handed over her car keys to the officer on duty, Felix who politely took them and drove her car to the parking lot.

She sucked in a harsh breath, straightened her clothes a bit. With her head held high, she walked through the transparent doors of the skyscraper.

On entering, the busy employees swiftly motioned to different directions and offices.

"Wow. Everyone is too occupied to notice my presence. Good for me." She exhaled.

"Oh my!" A loud familiar voice exclaimed.

"Karta. Please don't-" Karmale internally begged but it was to no avail.

"My oh my!" She added this time registrating the person before hence pitching her voice. Obviously, she got every Tom, Dick and Harry's attention.

Before Karmale would dash to her office a mass of people flooded the reception premises.

All the question filled glares she got were enough to send her racing for the nearest table.

Not possible. It was just my crazy thought.

"Woah! Woah!" She jerked a bit as people practically flew into her. Her workmates surrounded her like a swarm of bees would beard on a hive.

They did not stop at that, they impatiently threw questions at her. With none of them giving her a chance to answer. It's not like she was going to answer them anyway.

Karmale stood there unfazed for she did not mind their actions. She was not answerable to anyone so she would not worry or feel nagged to
explain herself.

Maybe, she was unperturbed at first till...

Karta commanded silence and asked everyone to give her audience.