☆36☆Back home

"I'll get even with you, Karmale." Ryxel seethed.

"In your nightmares, devil. I'm leaving this hell!" Karmale ran upstairs.

When she shut her bedroom door behind her. She pulled out her bags and packed a few clothes. She slipped on her jeans and wrapped the straps of her purse on the suitcase holder.

She carried her bag downstairs and existed Ryxel's house. In the driveway, she got her car keys from her small bag and opened her car trunk. She placed in her bag and sped off.

___

"Don't let the lady leave!"

"Boss, she just did."

The line went silent.

Ryxel stood in his dim lit office. He took off his coat and sat down.

"Caramel!"

__

The woman who was on his mind drove silently through the cold of the morning. Her windows were down as the wind messed with her hair.

She drove via the lounge just for the neon lights to flash G.B lounge in her face.

"Hmmmn." She bit on her lower lip in thought as she looked at the Google map on her screen. She then increased her speed and left the place.

__

KARMALE'S POV

"Seems like you are scared of your bedroom. Grab one of my shirts and get in my bed." Was Ryxel's shameless offer. How he said it so easily, I don't know. What did he think? That I would jump in elation due to it and most so take it? Pathetic! I thought to myself as I walked out of his room.

Taking the door to the swimming pool, I saw a trail of stairs I think had never seen in his house before. Maybe because it was as dark as the devil. Curiosity got the best of me as I descended them. Despite the thudding in my chest, I walked further. My hand slid along trailing the metallic balastrade. I made sure my movements were far from loud as I continued my quest. It took me a while to get to the end and the journey got darker and darker. I pulled out my phone and turned on it's flashlight.

Before me was a black door with a golden knob. My hand instinctively met it. My chest simultaneously rose and fell but I was not about to alter. I pressed forth and surprisingly, the door was open. Just like that.

"Hello!" I peeped in and called but darkness, the smell of smoke and blood was the response. I cringed my nose in disgust but the desire to know urged deeper.

"Anyone?" I stepped in. The side lights flashed revealing nothing at the most a dimly lit room.

The second step and the third almost followed one another and my vision seemed to take in two aspects at once. For a brief second, a male body sat chained to a chair in the centre of the room and a low lamp hang over his head. The next second a spectacular bar was set up at the other side of the room. From the white light of the lamp, it was the irritating purple, yellow and red of the bar lights. For the first image, I feared. Funny enough, I couldn't get my legs to lead me back upstairs. I was a curious cat. I took one step back and I got the image again. The man sat shirtless with a bruised back and fallen neck.

"Who is he?" I asked as I moved towards him.

The room didn't light up further and when I reached the man, the bar went dark and so did the sides of the room. Only the lamp above his head shone.

I crouched so as I could examine the man. His body was bruised on every inch. Everywhere was swollen and red. My fingers trembled as I touched his chin and hoisted his face. I was petrified of how he would react but I wanted to know so the fear was instantly buried away.