☆42☆ a dirty game of touching #philophobia

Far from edited🤧

"You okay, Miss Karmale?"

"Yeah, Patricia. Thanks." Karmale's hand was on her tummy.

"A glass of water, at least?" Patricia placed the files she had brought on the table.

"No. No. I'm good." Karmale stood up from her seat and found her way out. In the lavatory, she returned whatever she had had for lunch.

Ryxel had taken her to his Italian restaurant and there he had announced that they would have lunch from there everyday. The reason he gave was that it was closest to the headquarters so it would save time for they had a busy schedule. Karmale had listened and the more he emphasized it, her insides churned. Italian was never her meal to have.

She washed her face and went back to the office.

"You should have some water, Miss Karmale."

"Give me last week's transaction statistics, Patricia."

"Okay, miss." Patricia went with the flow when Karmale changed the topic of discussion. She shuffled through the files and picked out one.

"Thank you." Karmale took the file she was given.

"Excuse me, miss." Patricia left.

Karmale spent the rest of her evening studying Ryxel's paper work. Her stomach did the least with helping. She had some water and the going got a bit smooth so she did more of the reviewing.

The sun set and they drove home. She declined dinner and went straight to bed. Ryxel asked Diana to take her food upstairs but it was returned untouched. Ryxel didn't react. He had his supper and went to his office.

_

"Good-"

"Have your breakfast, Karmale. Asap! We are late!" Ryxel absentmindedly said.

"It's not Karmale-"

"Oh Stacey!" Ryxel looked up.

"Good morning, Boss."

"Morning. I didn't see you last night."

"I'm sorry. I slept off."

"It's okay."

"So can we talk now, Sir?"

"I am short of time, Stacey." His eyes met hers. Hers were pleading. He didn't miss the desperation in them too.

"I'm here, Ryxel. Morning!" Karmale bumped in.

"Have breakfast, you two. We'll leave together!" Karmale sat down but Stacey didn't.

"I'm sorry, Boss. I don't want to come out impatient but-" Stacey chewed the inside of her lip. Karmale who was stirring in her mug stopped and Ryxel too put down his fork. They looked at her out of concern. It became more visible when a tear rolled down Stacey's face.

"Talk Stacey-"

"Ryxel-" Stacey reached for the nearest chair and held onto it.

"Please talk-" Karmale found herself saying. Stacey looked at her and back at Ryxel.

"Ryxel, Ardenne is going to kill, Simon." Stacey cried.

"What did he do?"

"I don't know, Ryxel. My brother doesn't want to say anything to me. All he says is that if Ardenne says something then it's that."

"So he accepts that he did something?"

"I assume. But I know him just well. He would never-"

"It's okay, Stacey." Ryxel stood up and caged her in a hug, "I'll talk to dad."