☆24☆ A visitor for the bored lass at home

"Miss, you have a visitor."

"What? Really? Who is it? Did Ryxel allow anyone come to this place? I mean it's more like a hideout of his so how can he just... Impossible. Please don't lie to me Diana." She eagerly searched her acquaintance's eyes.

"Am not lying, ma'am"

" Who is it then? Tell me Diana!" She impatiently demanded.

"Don't you want to see for yourself, dear?" A humble, amicable but tired voice asked.

Caramel heard it and her eyes diverted from her maid to the plump elderly lady who stood holding various bags that Karmale instantly recognised as hers. Tears immediately ran down her face past her now pinkish nose.

"Mummy! Oh my God!" She ran slightly knocking Diana but she didn't even realize that. She was too engrossed in her visitor's presence.

"Oh my God! Are you real?" She inquired and touched her as if doubting her presence. Her fingers traced her face, shoulders and then face again.

"You are real? You are real right? Tell me you are real!" She screamed in elation an ear to ear smile curving on her lips. In between the wide smile was a slight chuckle of excess joy.

"Yes, dear. I am real." The woman cried tears of joy and comfort escaping from the corners of her wrinkled eyes.

"Aww, Mrs. Hart. How did you get here? The security here is so tight. Does Ryxel know you are here? I don't want him acting in a course of fury when he knows you passed by. And if he knows then I am happy and surprised that for a change he let me have some company besides the darkness of his house. Does he know you're here, mummy?"

"Oh, this inquisitive lawyer of mine."

"No, mummy. I would never interrogate my mother if she doesn't like it." Karmale defensively spoke but Mrs. Hart just dismissed it with a light laugh.

"You look well taken of, Karmale." Mrs. Hart said rubbing on her cheeks and feeling her face.

Karmale was like a daughter to her. It was in fact something mutual. She too regarded her as a mother. The two ladies loved each other like it was blood that bound them. She had not only been her house help but also a person much closer than even her birth mother. Just seeing her today was enough to wash away all her sorrows. Karmale had come to a compromise with Ryxel but that didn't mean she would forget her people. She terribly missed them. That void in her heart because of there absence often rendered her lonely and undoubtedly bored. In the past one month she had asked Ryxel to let her visit Ella who apparently had returned from Jamaica and Mrs. Hart but Ryxel turned her request down. She tried the vice versa.

"Ryxel, why don't they then come here if I can't go out? After all, I am the target, not them."

"Caramel, that's twice risky. If anyone sees them coming down this side, that may jeopardize our security here. Someone may follow them all the way to our place and that would mean danger. I hope you understand."

"Ryxel, please. I really miss Mrs. Hart and my best friend."

"But you have me, am your friend, ain't I?"

"Yes, you're but-"

"But what, Caramel?"

"You are not a girl, Ryxel!" She chuckled.

"What's the difference, Caramel? Am still your friend!" He chuckled back.

"You don't wear skirts and dresses. That's the difference, Mr. Ryxel!" She laughed and he joined in.

They both had a good laugh.

Then eventually their conversation would turn to other directions and that way Ryxel would get rid of her loneliness. He would involve her in a lot of talking just like Ella would do if she was present. Slowly by slowly she would forget what she had asked for and they would move on to living their life without other people involved. Just Ryxel and Caramel. No Mrs. Hart. No Ella. But the moment he left her all by herself, especially during day, then she would miss them with sudden freshness. So seeing Mrs. Hart here was questionable.