☆7☆ success & goodbyes

Unedited....

KARMALE'S POV

At a police station, lawyers are given the highest level of respect. Ryxel and I were greeted with bowing heads and so on. But that did not matter right now.
Ryxel and I quietly though I wouldn't say patiently sat in the waiting room and one of the policemen offered us tea but we both declined it. We waited for Liam to arrive. But no sign.
Ryxel kept on asking me when Liam would come and I swear it also got me worried. On checking the time it was 5:00pm and the shift was supposed to change after 30 minutes. That means that Ryxel's man would be changed and our whole plan would fall flat. I crossed my fingers and prayed for a miracle to happen.

God, please...

Let not these lies I have told for the first time in my occupation go to waste. Please. I silently prayed.

Ryxel and I had come earlier on and we had found his man ready with a fake file of the missing of Liam. The inspector-in-charge had believed. He actually knew me so it was easier for him to trust my client. It was at that very moment that he got the call from the other station about Liam and informed us. He then asked us to wait. He also added that he had a pregnant wife in hospital so he would leave at the end of his shift. So if it was to end before Liam got here, everything would be I don't know....

Hurry, Liam. Hurry...

5: 20pm

This is the first time in my life that time has moved so fast.

5:25pm

"Miss Kane and Mr. Black?" A policeman called.

I literally jumped up from my seat and Ryxel who was already pacing around just ran.

"L!" Ryxel shouted.

He was just his photocopy though the smaller version. Handsome tall and so on...

"Where have you been?" He ran to where Liam stood.

"Who did this to you?" Ryxel roared.

When I looked at Liam, it seemed like he wanted to answer that question but the policeman who was in charge of him dragged him to the city police station inspector.

I saw Ryxel fold his fist to hit the policeman. I moved very fast to where he stood and I got hold of his fist. He looked down at me and I shook my head in disagreement of his next action. His fist relaxed back to just his flat palm.

*****

Bravo! Liam! The best actor I ever saw.

"Miss Kane, I am afraid your client will have to spend the night in the cell regardless of his-"

"Hold it, inspector." I cut him short.

"My client can be granted bail if I pledge my signature on these bail court papers."

I removed the court papers from my handbag and signed on them. I handed them to the inspector-in-charge and he also signed.

"Thank you, Andrew." I said to the inspector-in-charge.

"Karmale, work is work. Don't call me by name. It sounds like a bribe."

"Release him." Andrew ordered.

***

"Mr. Bajaj, I want the court hearing to be tomorrow itself." I pleaded.

"No, justice Kane. I will be going out of town tomorrow."

"Please postpone it."

Mr. Bajaj, an Indian middle aged man had been my law practical teacher and I had been his best student. He would do anything for me. He had connections to the major judges. He could talk to one of them to hold a hearing for Liam's case immediately. It was urgent. We needed to go to court with Liam's bruises still fresh. It would be easier to convince the judge with that.