☆32☆ secretive best friends

"Miss Kane."

"Yes."

"Mr. Jeopardenn wishes to speak with you."

"I'll come right through. Right now."

"Okay, miss."

"Thank you."

"Ma'am, you're not quite well."

"It's okay, Angella. Mr. Jeopardenn is my boss like Ryxel is yours. Would you like to ignore your boss's call?"

"No, ma'am."

"Then you'll have to let me go."

"Not without our company."

"Do I have a choice?"

"No, ma'am." Angella offered Karmale a hand.

"Thank you." She took it.

"May I come in Sir?" Karmale knocked on the halfway open door.

Jeopardenn sat down behind the glass table. His body more stout than usual.

"Please."

Karmale walked in unsure and nervous. She was wondering what her employer may want to say to her.

But those with a clean conscience needn't worry. She thought to herself.

With a slight rise in her chin, she walked in more confidently. Had it not been for her upset stomach, her movements would have been faster.

"Please sit."

When she was settled, he asked quite uneasily. It was more of a whisper with his hand shielding his mouth to avoid the words from getting to the uninvited persons in the room.

"Councillor, how do you do it with these fierce looking guys following you around all the time?"

Karmale faked a laugh and rather greeted her employer.

"Good afternoon Sir."

"Good afternoon. How are you, Miss Kane?"

"I'm good."

"How has it been ever since you returned? Pretty good, huh?"

"I wouldn't say that. Not with the lots of paper work. I had a lot of catching up to do. I was really lagging behind. Nonetheless, I'm grateful that I came back. I'm back on track. Well settled. All my things are in order. I assume I have caught up with everyone else. I'm good to go." Karmale reported to her boss.

Jeopardenn smiled. He was impressed. He always had been with Karmale. She was a brilliant, orderly and confident woman. Hardworking and passionate about her work. He had loved how progressive she was. Though not so experienced because she was a fairly young lawyer. That still didn't have at a loss of a lot. She was still vibrant. She was just the employee he needed. Too bad things had taken a certain direction that was not beautiful at all.

The old man had once extended sexual advances to the young lawyer. It was a disgusting and non- professional attempt. It was a turn off. The two had once held a good friendship. Mutually work related. Not only that but also the father daughter relationship had been there given the age gap. He had also been a very good source of wisdom for he was more experienced than her. Unfortunately, it all was washed away straight to the drain. His shameless action had drawn a thick line between them.

Luckily, they were two mature people. They decided to keep it out of the professional sector. That way, Karmale was able to get over it. She had hard time trying to see her boss in the same image of superiority that deserved absolute respect after all that. To complicate it more, he was becoming a greedy folk. She settled for a safe distance. He was something toxic. Too bad she had to tolerate it. He was her boss.