☆27☆ Family is never toxic

"Leo, are you still knowledgeable enough about law?"

"Yes, Boss." Leo smiled from ear to ear.

Ryxel checked his wrist watch and they were only two minutes left for his meeting with the French to commence.

"I don't like absent minded people, Leo! You loose your focus too fast for my liking."

"Yes, Boss?" He asked failing to register what Ryxel was saying.

Ryxel simply ignored and strode to his office with Leo right behind him.

__

"Morning."

"Morning Caramel. You are up so early." He noted with observation.

"Yeah."

"That too fully dressed." He added.

"Yeah. Thanks to you. Thank you for the new wardrobe collection."

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I do. Thank you." She smiled.

He did not say anything. He just looked at her and his eyes spoke. They glowed like a moon on the eclipse night. They smiled.

He was content if she was.

"The leather did not escape my eyes." She winked and a slight chuckle escaped his plump bouncy lips.

"You haven't told me why you are up so early. It's only 6:18am." He authoritatively said bandaging up the amusement on his face caused by her flirtous action.

"And you have not replied to my gratitude." She angrily pouted.

When he still did not say anything, she decided to let him be, "Anyway, Ryxel, I went back to work after a long period of time so I have multiple tasks unattended to. A lot of paper work." She explained to him but his face wore rather a confused and cross look.

Karmale took the hint and said, "Ryxel, you may have told Mr. Jeopardenn to reduce on my work load for the first two days but some things are just inevitable. It's not like he can reduce it all to merely nothing. Impossible."

Her words left him astonished and lost for words.

"How did she read the look on my face? I never let anyone do that! Is she that swift with observation?" He wondered in more amazement.

"Ryxel, don't twitch your eyebrows. You don't look good." She said straightening them out with either of her thumbs.

It was easy for her to reach his face for he was sitted and she was standing.

"Better." She said contented with the improvement she had brought about on his exquisitive face.

"Ryxel allow me explain further so that you don't have to strain due to confusion. I was also assigned some tasks by a colleague of mine, Shaun."

"And who is this Shaun?"

"I said it already. He is my mate at office. Our employer promoted him so he cannot handle a lot at the moment. He asked me to help out hence handing me part of his responsibilities. I think me and him are going to be working more closely and often now."

"Is he the skinny guy who was desperate for your time the day to your office. On New year's?"

Caramel kept quiet that incident revisiting her mind.

"Oh I forgot!" Ryxel snapped.

"And you were flirting with him in my face." He laughed.

"No, I wasn't."