☆9☆ winter holidays

Holiday by Lil X Nas... Pride_079 dedicated to you as well as this chapter.

Two months later...

KARMALE'S POV.

It is beautiful how time flies. It feels like it was only yesterday when I was at Ryxel's place for Liam's party. But two months have passed since then. It is now winter season. Well am glad I got done with all the Ryxel drama and my life went back to normal. Back at work; I am as efficient as Mr. Jeopardenn expects me to be. And with Ella we are back to our days of fun. Best friend harmless fun. Talking about Ella. Where is she? I have standing here for long now. I am freezing. And I have coldness issues. She was supposed to get here an hour ago. We are meant to go to the nail clinic and paint our nails. In the festive way like she says. God! I hate festive season but I don't hate the nail painting. It is done in slightly a more unique style than the usual styles.

Where is this Jamaican princess?

"Watch out Karma!" Ella shouted hitting me with a ball of snow.

"Ella! Did you just pick that snow from the street?" I deadpanned.

"What are you going to do?" She mocked.

"Return the favour! " I shouted back picking up snow and hitting her.

We hit each other with snow balls for a while 'till my whole face started turning red.

"Shit! Karma. We better stop."

I just laughed out loud.

"What's funny?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Look at your face Ella. You look so horrified." I replied laughing even louder.

"It's because you are red like a cherry." She defended.

"Relax. My face will normalise after I take some coffee." I said with a slight laugh.

"Okay, let's get going." She said.

"Where is the car?" I asked.

"I left it down the street." She answered in a duh voice.

"Go for it Ella! After those snow shots I can hardly move." I said.

I could feel my joints ache because of the cold. I was stuck in one place. I could not move. My feet and palms were real cold. The heels I was wearing were nothing.

"No, Karma. Let's first go inside and change to cotton clothes." She advised.

"I don't want to look puffed up like a bear, Ella." I complained.

"Come on!" She grabbed me from my spot and I moved but with pain in my knees.

By the way I forgot to mention that we were outside my apartment. So Ella and I got in and took off our jeans and put on sweatpants and sneakers. She made some coffee and we drank. We also changed our sweaters and on addition to them we put on over coats.

"Karma, I have something for you." Ella said searching her Jean pockets that she had just removed.

"What is it?" I excitedly asked.

Oh my God! I love gifts. That is the only thing I like about festive season. The rest I don't want to know.

"Sit down and spread out your leg!" She ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded and did like she had instructed.

She pulled out two beautiful anklelets. One was mine and the other hers. She tied mine and I tied hers.