☆15☆ Advice and Court Sessions

Dedicated to@LordsSword

"Good morning, my co-workers."

"Good morning, Karmale." They chorused.

Karmale was seated before her colleagues. This dull and chilly morning with no glimpse of the golden lamp of heaven at all, she hoped to seek their advice on a case. She wanted their perspective to build up her strategy for a particular case. It was Luciana's case.

Karmale often handled the cases brought to her desk on her own. She generally never involved the other lawyers. Especially not the ones of the same firm that she worked for. Not because she knew it all but because she found everything easy to handle. Even the most complicated of all cases was a walk in the park for her. It was only on rare occasions that she consulted Mr. Jeopardenn due to his remarkable law knowledge. Even if he was undoubtedly a characterless man, he still had superior understanding of the law occupation. So she sought the old man's guidance. His grey hair surely shone of wisdom. It is said that old age is wisdom.

Her boss usually asked her to share with her work associates but it was a tug-of-war for her. To Karmale, it felt like he was telling to her to add them to her circle of friends whereby she didn't even have one. Making acquaintance was one of the things she never associated herself with. She was the introvert type when it came to this sector. She found it so difficult to make companions. If her own siblings would not be her good friends, always picking up fights with her for totally no genuine reason then how would she learn to have people around her. She never tolerated her brothers and sisters. She most definitely could not tolerate people she had known for a short period of time. Hale preferred if people stayed in their own space and her in her own. She did not find it necessary at anytime of her stay at the firm to get friendly with the people she worked alongside. That didn't make her treat them like enemies though.

Regardless of her couth behaviour towards them, they detested her. Some would show it. Especially the women and others would keep it to themselves. The men. They thought her proud and a person who regarded herself as a 'know it all' . So sharing a room with her this morning was so not on their wish list.

But for Shaun, it definitely was. Not for his own selfish reasons of having Karmale give him a chance in further relationships but to help her out. To help the firm for it is a collection of them all. They are one. So if one lawyer loses a case, the entire firm community is affected.

Shaun was fully engrossed in the case from the word go so he was more than ready to listen to what Karmale had to say to them all. He really wanted to help her.
He always wanted to but the beautiful demoiselle had always confined her cases to herself.

Karmale had approached him only twice ever since she started to work with her. First time, she wanted to inquire whether adoption of same sex couples had been legalized for she had such a case at her table. The second time was to find out whether she would stalk one of her client's husband. Her client's mate was buying villas for his mistresses and failing to provide for his daughter. Whenever Karmale's client asked her husband for money to cater for the child's welfare, he would come up with an excuse such as," I don't have money right now. All my businesses are suffering extreme losses."

Those were the only times Shaun ever saw Karmale come to his office. Maybe also when he invited her or needed her assistance with a case.

"Thank you all for being here this morning." Karmale gratified.

"We work here. So, don't flatter us with your fake gratitude." A woman with blonde curls mismated with various ribbons rudely remarked.

Karmale briefly smiled at her totally unaffected by her insolate remark and continued.