☆33☆ vanilla

"And why are you calling me this late?" She whispered.

Ella stayed with her aunt. A woman who was far from nagging but not to her niece. She always cared to know what Ella was doing, talking about name it. She was loved her niece but that did not mean she encouraged night calls.

"Elle, sweetheart." The person on the other end of the line deadpanned and laughed. A laughter full of no good and laced with evident mockery.

"Riella, Rie-ella. That's my damn name."

"Come on, don't be rude. You are picking up Vanilla's traits. Seems like her company is doing you no good."

"What do you want from us, boy?"

"Take it easy. Keep it on the low. I don't want anything from you-"

"What?" Ella's voice was reduced to a disappointed whisper. The confession made by the male on the phone steered an ache in her chest.

"Yeah. I only want my Karmale. Not you boo." He hang up.

Ella felt a pung in her chest. It felt heavy and it was dark with envy and jealousy.

"Riella!"

"Yes, aunt."

"Who are you talking to over the phone at this ghostly hour of the night?"

"No one, aunt. I was just talking to myself. I do that a lot these days. I don't-"

"Don't lie. I heard you. Who was it?"

"Okay aunt. You got me. It was Karmale."

"Oh how is the princess?"

"She's fine aunt. And talk about the devil- she is calling again." Ella showed her aunt the screen of her phone and rolled her eyes.

"Can I take it?"

"Of course. Take it honey."

"Excuse me." She moved to her bedroom.

"Karma."

"Ella did you reach home safely?"

"Yeah I did."

"Okay. That's great."

"I know. Sleep tight."

"Ummmm... did I do something wrong? You sound distant and off. It's freaking me out."

"You care?"

"Umm... excuse me. I do. I do as hell. Ella, you sound not you. Is everything okay? You know earlier on today you could not open up. What's wrong?"

"Hey miss, help me and mind your own business."

"And the attitude? I didn't call for that. I was simply being a concerned friend. My bad. I overstepped."

Karmale hang up. She had just enough problems to deal with negative energy.

As for Ella, seems like it was not her night. Everyone was hanging up on her. It only was fair because her behaviour was anti-social.

She sat down besides her bed and cursed under her breath till she cried.

"Honey!" Her aunt knocked on the door.

"Honey, open up for me."

"Aunt." Ella cried as she opened the door and fell in her aunt's arms.

"It's okay, my dear. It's okay." She rubbed her back.

"No it's not. Everything is going to get messy. Nasty too. Why did he have to come back? Why?"

"I can't know the reason but I know I'll stick with you through everything. Don't cry my sweet niece." She wiped her eyes.