☆23☆ A compromise

For the next few days, Karmale and Ryxel had the same evening routine. Ryxel always came home early because he knew that Caramel wanted to have her evening meal with him. She waited for him to return home and they shared a meal. They then watched a movie which at times he let her pick. They actually selected a movie in turns. If he picked today, tomorrow would be her turn to pick. They had dessert together, cuddled and slept in each other's embrace. She comfortably took rest in his arms and did not even once have the water involved nightmares. She did not sleep talk or walk. This kept the Mafia's heart at ease. She even followed all the orders she was given. Karmale never left home, had her meals from breakfast to dinner. She often had breakfast with Ryxel because she always woke up in his hold. He never ever let her feel like he was absent. He held her from sun fall to sunrise. He wanted her safe. Not only from the threats of his business and enemies but also her nightmares.

By the end of the week, she seemed to have adjusted. She had actually never asked for her phone ever since that day and never had that day ever come up as a topic for the both of them to discuss.

The commands were only rare. Too rare. Nothing oppressing. She felt quite comfortable and at peace being in Ryxel's home. She didn't mind anymore or did she?

___________________________

"Morning, Ryxel." Karmale greeted rubbing her palms together to create some warmth for herself.

It was a chilly Saturday morning and she was only dressed in Ryxel's grey hoodie that stopped exactly below her knees.

"Morning, Caramel." The man in a lavish grey suit piece replied as he took his usual seat at the table and she did the same. It was the first time she had never seen him dressed in grey. He looked dapper like always just that this time it was a different colour. He was always clad in all black and when it was different, it was a white shirt but the rest of his clothing was black. He never wore ties. Even today, it was just a white shirt in his steel grey suit. No tie.

She continued rubbing her palms and eventually pulled the arms of the big hoodie over her wrists.

Without saying a word, Ryxel observed her. Her unease furthered more.

She crossed her legs but it was not enough. It was way more chilly than she liked it. For the cold, her cheeks turned pinkish. She wanted to draw the hood over her head and fold her legs in the chair but decided against it. It was not proper for she had company, Ryxel.

Her face turned pinker and she rubbed her palms harder. She pulled the hoodie even more so that it could cover her palms and she balled her fists. She could feel her joints start to ache but she pushed it to the back of her mind and decided to get started with her food.

Her precurrent observer stood up and left the room. On return, he was holding a silver-grey heavy shoal that he placed over her thighs and it descended to her toes. He tucked it in on either side of her thighs just to be sure no cold air passed through to her skin. He also took off his suit coat and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"Thank you."

He didn't reply and she rolled her eyes. Typical Ryxel Grande Black.

Ignoring him, she picked up a plate and dished up food with shivering hands. When, Ryxel saw her plight, he helped her out. He served her food though he didn't know what to dish up for her so he occasionally gave her questioning glances and she gave him her choices of food.

"Cereal."

"Toast."

"Muffin."

"That's all. Thanks."