☆4☆ grandma Miley

Karmale's POV.

Wednesday afternoon...

At the NGO!

"The people present, a good morning." Miss Katherine greeted.

She was an old lady who chose to live a single life after suffering in a marriage full of violence. Grey headed with wrinkles all over her face, the scars still marked on her face. Beautiful that they have a story they carry. Even more beautiful that they no longer bring her tears. She is healed. In her pain, she decided to help other women. She started an organisation to protect and promote women's rights.

"Good morning, ma'am." The crowd chorused.

"A special welcome to our very honoured guest, Miss Karmale Hale Kane."

The crowd applauded and someone was heard ulullating in the background.

A faint smile wore up my face.

"Today we are here to officially open our new branch of this NGO."

The crowd applauded.

"But before we do that, I would like our guest of honour to come up and say a word or two." She added.

I stood up from the round table at which I sat and wobbled to the podium.

"I am humbled to be here with you all today and it would be my pleasure to say something too." I jovially smiled my eyes casually searching the audience.

They applauded. Wow! They were really a motivating audience that surely valued the occasion happening right about then.

"A woman is power." I started.

"She is her family's backbone." I added.

"She is always the strength behind a man. You have all heard of the saying that says, ' behind every successful man is a woman. "

They all nodded in approval.

"If he dares to step on you, then he is simply a coward. A true man appreciates a woman and he is not intimidated by her success. He instead supports and respects her."

"My fellow women, know your worth."

"You are more than a sex object."

"Thank you." I concluded.

They all rose to their feet and applauded. I also saw two women cry. Woah!
I bowed in respect and left the platform.

Miss. Katherine took over and gave the programme to be followed.

I and a few other VIP guests spear headed the opening of the new branch. We moved to where a big red ribbon was and cut it open.

Some of the women screamed in elation and others wore smiles. Some bore tears in their eyes.

I was called for a photo shoot. I had to dress in various white shirts with words like; POWERFUL, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, SMART,...

It was all for the purpose of women empowerment.
I spent the whole afternoon posing in all styles you can think of.

At around 4:39pm, I decided to leave but Miss Katherine just wouldn't let me and neither would the other women. Miss Katherine wanted me to have a snack while the other women wanted autographs. I gave a few of them autographs and for food, I had a glass of water. I had no appetite at all.

I then made for my car in the parking lot. As I briskly walked to where it was, I noticed that I had a flat tyre.

"Seriously? Like right now when I have somewhere very important to be? Jeez!" I kicked one of the tyres.