☆35☆ Vixen- Devil

Two days back

Ryxel's POV.

I came out of the bathroom to find my bed and bedroom empty. Karmale was neither in bed nor in my closet.

For clarity, I opened the door to my walk through closet. She was not there.

It felt strange but I let it be. Karmale would never refuse to share a bed with me. In fact I'm sure it's something she looks forward to and besides, I had asked nicely. It's been a while since we slept in the same space. Together.

I got dressed and tried to think about something other than the lawyer in my house but not bed but nothing else seemed to occupy my senses. It was only her vanilla scent that enveloped me. A scent I was growing to resent just from the past few hours. Too bad, the lovely cake had to get it. Hmmmn.

Long curly dark locks. Slim waist, curved body. Dazzling smile. Cute sobs.
Wild and sassy. Hmmmn. Caramel. 

Knock. Knock.

"Who the fuck is knocking right now? Don't people know how to respect personal space?" I growled in sheer frustration.

"Who is it?"

"Good evening, Boss. It's Leonardo."

"My office!"

"I'm on the move, Boss."

"Yes, Leonardo." I sat down behind my desk.

An unsettled Leo sat down by my offer of cortusey. I knew no better than to ever expect anything good from my employee's mouth. My ex- lawyer never breathed of anything such as good news. Never.

"Get started, Leonardo."

"Boss-bo-"

"I suppose your tongue proves useless whenever you come to talk to me. Pass me your blade. I will rid you of that piece of burden."

"No-no-Boss." He shook.

I always hated how timid Leo was. It was such a shame that I had to look past. Leo was never part of the dirty part of this business. He never dealt with the guns, blood not to mention the drugs. He simply reviewed the business and mildly offered advice. He held a clean slate until I could not stand for his carelessness and sucked him from being my lawyer. That didn't mean he would leave. He knew just too much about my crime organisation. I was prompted to keep him close. Just close enough to mentor him into the dark sector. The fucker could not grasp a thing due to fear. What a loss!

"Speak the fuck up, Leo!"

"Boss, Matthew is gone."

My nostrils flared. My fists clenched. My brows twitched. My jaws and intestines tightened. My feet grew cold in the boots. My skin tightened. My heart ached. It ached until it was void as fuck!

"Rephrase that." I said in denial. It had not taken all this sacrifice just to lose the bastard I had traded everything for. No! No! I was not going to go right back to square one like a fucking dejected lover. My time would not fucking go in vain just like that. My childhood, my sanity. I had lost all that and devoted myself to Ardenne just to get that son of a bitch that had killed my parents. I walked in with utter devotion. I dedicated my sole purpose of life to the Mafia just to get the fucker that rendered me an orphan. The piece of filth that made my Liam sob over our inevitably ugly loss. And in just the blink of an eye, he was gone. Leo was sitted before me fucking spitting rubbish at my face. How could I be so.... Darn it!  Right under my nose. What the fuck, Ryxel Grande Black? So, is that how you plan to fucking take revenge? By losing the victim just after you have got him?