☆30☆ Trouble with the names!

"Let's walk." Michelle suggested. "It's not so far anyway."

"No, let's take the car." Her sister suggested otherwise.

"Foot."

"Car."

"Let Ryxel pick. It's his treat after all. So all other conditions are per his choice. Ryxel-"

"Yes, sunshine." He said encircling his arm around her neck. She happily tugged on it and looked up to face him. He looked down and answered.

"We'll walk." He smiled at her as he tenderly brushed his lean but strong fingers through her blonde hair.

"See. He's smart." She smiled at Ryxel whose one arm was still around her neck and the other was typing.

" Walking is good for everyone's health. Hale you can't just seat behind your wheel all year. A little walk in awhile wouldn't cost you a bone."

"Whatever." Karmale dismissed her argument and returned to typing on her phone.

"Girls, walk straight ahead. I'll receive this and join you. Shortly after." Ryxel said and motioned his ringing phone.

"Okay." Michelle replied but Karmale just stared as he talked and when he was done her attention drew back to the device below her chin.

"Come here Michelle." She held her sister's hand.

"I can walk on my own. Thanks." She refused.

"Michelle. Why the offending reaction? How come I get that and not him?" Karmale said glancing towards Ryxel's direction who she found studying them.

His attention was on the girls' movements and barely on his phone as he picked up. He then turned away- now focusing on his call.

"Leo." He cleared his throat and straightened his suit coat.

"Boss. I...I...we...are...we are...I-"

"Leo I don't have all day to listen to you stuttering like-" he thought twice before he said something offensive or cursed because he was in the presence of a child- Michelle. He put his tongue to a stand still and rephrased his sentence.

"Speak up!"

"I am so sorry, Boss. Last night-"

"Last night." Ryxel's one eyebrow rose in suspense.

"- while Miss Karmale and I- i mean as I was helping her out, we had a break and as I returned from the kitchen she had sped through the doors at the speed of lightning. It was after a phone call she had received. Boss we searched but couldn't find her."

Leo stopped to catch his breath and Ryxel once again checked on the girl's.

"Boss, the whole of last night and today morning."

"Has it just occurred to you to inform me?"

Leo was shaking with fright.

"Boss, I was scared of your wrath. I also thought we would search and find her before your return."

"Let's have this conversation when I get back. I am busy right now. Stop the search and head back to our headquarters. Organise for the shipments that are due noon."

"But Boss-"

"Do as I say."

"Yes-"

Ryxel hang up with mild fury. He pinched at the bridge of his nose and inhaled the air at once to his out his nerves.

If Leo had been worried about his wrath now he should be twice worried. How inefficient could he be? And what would be have said to Ryxel if he had not come across Karmale himself? And if she had been hit by car as she ran off? Abduction? Something worse?