☆46☆ the devil doesn't want you!

Karmale walked out after aunt Katylyn and Liam followed. Karmale was stunned for a moment when she looked around. The enormous gardens were surrounded by hefty armed men. Liam noticed and whispered to her.

"For protection, Cream. No harm at all." She gave him a tight lipped smile and they continued to walk to the table that had been laid out for them.

"Sit down next to me dear. " Aunt Katylyn asked Karmale who politely smiled and took the seat at her right.

"Aunt that's my spot. Always." Liam was whining.

"Oh. I could shift, Liam." Karmale was apologetic.

"Got you!" He laughed.

"Liam!" Karmale smiled playfully.

"It's Ryxel's. " Liam whispered as he sat down next to her. Karmale didn't dare look up. She could tell Ryxel was already piercing into her flesh with his glare.

"Take this seat, Ryxel." Aunt Katylyn pointed to her left. Ryxel eyed Liam as he settled down. He wanted his seat but he didn't dare say it and there was no way he was going to turn down his aunt's polite offer. He smiled and took the seat. It was a round table so he was opposite Karmale. Her discomfort grew. She started to organise her already organised straps of the dress. She started to regret why she had put on an open arm dress. It was a free dress but she was pulling it down like it was a skimpy one. She was clearly not settled. Ryxel was unnerving her which was not the case with aunt Katylyn. It was supposed to be the vice versa but what to do? Ryxel could not stop looking.

"Are you okay, dear?" Aunt Katylyn noticed.

"Yes- yes i am, aunt Katylyn. " Karmale smiled as she scratched at her neck.

"Are you?" Ryxel found himself asking.

"What's wrong, Cream?" Even Liam was concerned.

"Nothing." She smiled but her face was growing pale.

"You're growing pale, Cream! You're sure? You're okay?" Liam was inquiring.

"She's cold."Ryxel placed his jacket over her shoulders.

"Thank you. " Karmale's eyes followed Ryxel back to his seat. She was honestly grateful. Ryxel covering her up eased her out. He also stopped staring like a preying creature. It got better as they started to eat. His attention was fully in his plate. It was now Karmale stealing glances at him. Liam soon drew her attention.

"Cream! Ahhhh-" he was holding out food to her and urging her to open her mouth.

"No please. " she declined.

"I want to prove you wrong. Try it. I told you mayonnaise tastes good on sausages too and not just frankfurters. Try it please. " Liam was insisting. Karmale had given in when Ryxel intervened.

"Behave Liam."

"Sorry." Liam mouthed and turned back to his food.

The rest of the meal was quiet but Liam being Liam, he started to crack jokes and evoke rings of laughter that enveloped the field.

"Trust me, Cream! They are all good people." Liam repeated when he caught Karmale looking around.

"I bet." She smiled, "the number though? Numerous! Is something up?"

"Barely! Safety is simply paramount here. It's number one priority."

"I understand. " they went back to their meal but she wasn't utterly convinced. Back at Ryxel's place, all he preached about was security and there weren't as many people as she was seeing now. Something was surely amiss. Or so she suspected.