☆19☆ friends,protection & trust building

"Ryxel!"

"Karmale."

"Why did you bring me here?" She curiously put forward her question.

It re-echoed in her kidnapper's ears. To him it was a hard one to answer. When he heard those particular words leave her mouth, he wasn't surprised at all 'cause he expected it. Eventually typical madam lawyer had to ask. Inquisitive as ever. Always seeking a chance to interrogate. But what he didn't know was how to address why he had held her captive. He had literally stolen her from her life. He had kidnapped her and had no intention of taking her back. Or even letting her go back. No way. But why? Only he knew. But now she also wanted to know. She demanded an explanation. At least a reason. She was worth that. After all she is the one who had been dragged to his place. To make it more odd, she was brought in an unconscious state. She was not sober. Forget sober. She was far from awake when she got there.

Ryxel pressed the side button on his phone and the light from his phone died out. The screen went black. His full attention was now on his victim. He folded his arms and placed them across his chest. His face stern. His gaze intimidatingly fixated on her. Dangerously digging into her eyes.

Her brain didn't take into account of his look but rather his arms. His painted hand muscles tried to play with Karmale's thinking but she did not let them. This was something serious. No time to drool over someone who she perhaps even going to have to see everyday.

When Ryxel had said to her that it was all a trade, there and then she knew that she was stuck with him. What was she to do now? She wasn't even pretty sure what Mafia life had to do with her. For heaven's sake she was just a lawyer. A dignified one who had nothing to do with bloodshed, drugs and guns. So how was she here and why? Only Ryxel had the answer to that. The poor lass was confused but not dumb to just obey all instructions without asking why. She was not that stupid to accept ignorance and just obey orders. She had to know why.

When Ryxel did not stop looking at her like that, she decided to retaliate. She shot back the same look. A similar death glare. When the Mafia saw that, his eyes darkened like a nimbus cloud had covered his irises. For half a second; swiftly, his eyes were grey-ish somewhat. His blue orbs turned faint and his face clenched tight. His teeth gritted somewhat. She dared. I swear she dared. Karmale Hale Kane dared to stare back with no fear at all. That too in the devil's eyes. But that did not infuriate Ryxel Grande Black. Surprisingly, it didn't. It amused him instead. No one had ever done what the woman standing there all in his clothes had just done.

His serious face grew into a sickly seductive smirk and his other features relaxed. She also dropped her gaze.

"Woman, you are really something!" Ryxel thought his brows raising and knitting in confused amazement.

His eyes strayed a bit and they landed on her sore toe. He had not remember that one.

"Hmmmn. Come here, Caramel."

"Thankfully!" she yelped and jumped in joy as she moved to where he was. Her heart also leaped in absolute joy. Wow. Ryxel was going to tell her. That too so easily; without her putting any effort.

"Yeah", she appeared in front of him all beaming happiness as if she had won some ancient battle.

Whoever, he just stared at her with no sound coming out of his mouth. That alone made her anxious. Only a few minutes back when she came all smiles and paraded in front of him, she had forgotten who she was dealing with. A Mafia. So she shouldn't expect anything positive.
Her face turned weary.

"Fix your face, Caramel. That fucking sad look doesn't suit you."

Even after his words, the worry on her face didn't die out. Actually it was replaced with fear and more desire to listen to his answers when she asked.