☆22☆ Oppressed

Ryxel on any other occasion would stride and catch up with the person running but this was a different case. The body was speeding and only waves of wind were heard in the air just like the footsteps that sporadically replaced each other with a loud thud on the tiled floor.

Ryxel ran as fast as he could and the person he was running after sped right through the back door which led to a wide swimming pool.

It was Caramel.

Just before she would jump into the source of water, Ryxel grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She fell hard on his chest and fell into slumber.

"What was that?" Ryxel wondered. He was both confused and scared for her. His hands tightened around her body.

She had been dream walking which had turned into running. She had run like her life depended on it. As if a certain force was pulling her like a magnet to the water. It was altogether worrying and scary.

"I wanna drown." She vaguely mumbled against his chest.

"I won't let you, Caramel."
He assured but he was merely talking to himself because the pretty Caramel was sound asleep. She was only sleep talking.

That night, there was no way Ryxel was going to let her sleep on her own.

He put her to sleep in her bed and slept in the couch in her bedroom.

In the middle of the night, someone crept up his body. Slowly by slowly Caramel climbed his body.

"What are you doing, Caramel?" He asked her completely startling her. She thought he was fast asleep and could not hear anything but she was wrong.

"I---i...." She shrugged as her eyes met his cold ones in the dark.

"You, what?"

"I---Ryxel----i"

"Are you trying to take advantage me?"

"No." She shouted in denial.

"Then, what?"

She kept quiet.

"Perhaps, friends do this?" He questioned.

"No, Ryxel."

"Then speak up, why are you on top of me?"

"Don't act like you are not enjoying it?" She said and rolled her eyes.

"That's the worst self defense I have ever heard. Try something more convincing."

"Okay, fine. I'm scared of sleeping alone." She admitted her hands playing with the neck part of Ryxel's shirt.

He didn't say anything after her confession. He just calmly shut his eyes.

"Ryxel." She whispered in the dark as if someone was watching them.

He hummed in response.

"Can I share this place with you?"

No response.

"Ryxel, please." She whispered again.

He pulled her body to his.

"Sleep." He commanded.

"Thank you but can I go first get us something to cover?" She whisper yelled.

He did not use any force. He peacefully let her go by removing the circle of his hand from around her body.

She tiptoed to her bed like she had done before as she was coming to where Ryxel was sleeping. She grabbed a blanket and silently run back to the chair that was going to be hers and Ryxel's bed that night.