☆31☆ new keepers, foods and languages

"Boss, our men who you assigned Miss. Karmale's protection were found dead this afternoon." Leo reported.

"I know, Leo. I know."

Ryxel's reaction was not what Leo expected at all. Not that he told him their current issue in order to see certain emotions erupt out of him. No. Nevertheless, that is not what he fathomed would transpire.

Ryxel was rather calm and composed. No trace of anger was laced upon his features. At least Leo looked everywhere but saw nothing.

Ryxel sat nonchalantly in the chair behind his desk. He casually leaned back. His firm gaze on Leo.

"You know?" Leo gasped in perplexion.

"Yes, Leonardo. I do."

"Wow! And----"

"And I'm not fussing about it?"

"Yes, Boss. Aren't you angry about it?"

"I am, Leonardo. I'm fucking-" he growled but stopped himself and regained his cool. He laughed instead. His cold and emotionless humour danced in the air.

"Boss-"

"Leonardo, what's the point in getting angry. It'll yield nothing. Nothing. Will it compensate our loss?"

"No, Boss."

"Caramel?"

"Miss Karmale is okay, Boss."

"Get me all the details--- family details about my deceased men. I must do more than just something
for them."

"Right away, Boss." Leo said and left the room.

Ryxel adjusted in his seat and picked up his phone from the table.

"Today it was your men. No, no, no! Her bodyguards. But don't mind them. Thank me instead. They were useless. You, yourself hit them once when they came home without her. Hahaha. Oh poor thing. She's next in line. Poor woman. It's not her fault but yours. Why did you have to tangle her up with the Mafia? Hmmmn! Hope she knows that it's a life long deal. Anyways. Not my problem. After that sassy queen of yours, your next. Not so fast though. You will have to first watch Black blood pool crumble to your feet then I'll set you free. I am a good boy. I won't let it hurt. I'll simply shoot you in the skull."

Ryxel read and reread the message. He had many enemies. Almost all had passed on threats. Threats that he never dared to think empty. Mafias never made empty threats. They were men very loyal with their words. They surely lived up to them. But Ryxel thought threats were for cowards. Why threaten? Simply attack like a man. So whenever someone threatened him, he was no more the next morning. Ryxel just found his way to his premises and got all the deals sorted.

It was not the case today. Yes, he was also a part of the threat but he did not fear for himself. He feared for the lawyer he had pressured, blackmailed and forced to take up his brother's case almost four months ago. For the first time he was sorry he had done that to her. He had been selfish as he oppressed her into giving in. Why had he sought her though? He had Leo. He had even other options. Too bad, not as good as Karmale Hale Kane.

.

.

"Ryxel, my dear. We have sat in different court rooms. I'm getting impatient and anxious for my son. What are you still observating about all these lawyers? Our Liam-"

"Aunt, please. Don't worry yourself. I'll deal with this."

"You need a good spanking child. Don't shove me away and hide it with affection. Even I care about your brother my dear. I care about the both of you. Ryxel, you are getting more harsh and less-" she sighed.