𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 || 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 ( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 )

𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 - 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 )

𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -
( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 )

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

IT'S BEEN A YEAR NOW. HOW TIME FLIES DON'T YOU THINK?

Xiao walked down the grassy plains of Liyue with a bouquet of Glaze Lillies which happened to be your favorite. His face was blank yet calm and his eyes less serious and intimidating as he continued down the hill, avoiding any enemies because he simply wanted to go for a stroll through Liyue.

As he walked, his eyes fell upon his feet, observing how he walked until his hand came into view where he noticed the bright gleam coming from the golden band on his finger. His hand swayed lightly because of his movement, and for a brief moment when his hand moved forward, the sunlight reflected upon the ring, making his heart throb.

To distract himself, he turned away, eyes now looking up into the sky where he saw two white herons flying together. They soared through the sky with such grace and beauty it almost made him smile until a gentle breeze blew through his hair.

He said nothing and only continued down the path which led to a hill wherein a orange flower tree sat upon it. The hill was surrounded by dandelions, further enhancing the beauty of the scene.

When Xiao arrived, his fingers clenched tightly around the bouquet of Glaze Lillies once his eyes fell upon the tombstone which unfortunately had your name written on it.
"Hello, my love." He finally spoke, a forced smile forming on his lips "I brought you a little something."

At that moment his eyes stung with tears, his fake smile wavering as he read your name over and over in his head.

"Y-your favorite.." he whispered, blinking his tears away before ultimately wiping them away with his slender fingers. Xiao knelt down and sniffled, lifting his chin up although tears had rolled down his cheeks.

You and Xiao had been married for over twenty years and although you physically aged, he hadn't being an adepti and all. You were mortal and that was the sad part, the part where you would eventually age and die, it was life for a mortal but clearly not for an adepti like Xiao. On your twenty-fifth year of marriage, you had gotten ill and despite his greatest efforts to heal you, it ended up being terminal. There was nothing left to do than love you in your final moments.

Xiao remembered the day you took your last breath like it was yesterday; you took his hand and looked at him with your weak eyes and slow breath, you saw how his eyes were streaming with tears and how much pain he was in. Although it hurt, you said that you loved him and that was the very last thing you said. Before Xiao could tell you that he loved you too, you were already gone.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it." Xiao breathed out, looking over the city of Liyue which never changed. "If only you were here to see it.."

As he stared, a single dandelion petal flew past his vision. At that moment he remembered the meaning of the flower.

A tiny seed that rides in the wind. Even without feathered wings, it still holds the hope from afar within. It represents the romantic spirit of love and freedom.

"(Y/n)..." Xiao looked around him to see the dandelions swaying gently without losing a single seed and it gave him an idea. It was said that if you blew a dandelion seed after telling it a message for your loved one into the air, the wind would carry it to them to deliver your message. It was truly romantic.

And so he stood up and positioned himself to use his Anemo abilities. "My love, my (Y/n)," he began "I miss you dearly and it pains me to wake up without you in my arms and to live on without you beside me. You are the light of my life and I love you very much and always will. May you rest peacefully and may the winds of freedom guide you until the day I can be with you again.." Xiao finished and used his abilities to perform a strong anemo swirl reaction that caused all the dandelion seeds to fly into the air, almost looking like snow.

He watched as they all flowed to a single direction and up into the sky, bringing a soft smile to his lips. "Goodbye, my love..."

This was originally supposed to be a fluff where reader sends a message through the dandelion seeds and it finds Xiao but I remembered I didn't make any Xiao angst yet so-