𝗠𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝘀𝘁 || 𝖦𝗈𝗋𝗈𝗎

𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗔𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗧 - 𝖦𝗈𝗋𝗈𝗎 -

- 𝖦𝗈𝗋𝗈𝗎 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"GENERAL, I'M AFRAID THINGS AREN'T LOOKING TOO GOOD."

One of the soldiers spoke defeatedly as he saluted Gorou upon entering the tent. His eyes roamed down to the floor and his fingers tightened its grasp around his spear. "Another troop has been taken out by Sara Kujou's men."

Gorou, with his back turned had a depressed look on his face. His brows knitted together and his teeth bit the inside of his cheek. "Dammit.." he whispered quietly before turning around to face the soldier, but not before replacing his defeated expression with a calm one.

He couldn't show and of his soldiers that he was beginning to crumble himself.

"How is morale?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. The soldier looked to the floor before returning to Gorou, "it's not the best, after losing a few troops, but.. we're all hanging in there."

"Alright, for now we won't risk losing anyone else. Hold off the deployment until Lady Kokomi has more orders for us." Gorou told him and the soldier nodded, saluting his general before leaving.

Once Gorou made sure he was alone, he slammed his fists against the wooden table. Again he had lost another set of men to the Raiden Shogun and it didn't look like the remaining ones were doing any better.

It was stressing him out. The rebellion was close to falling apart but he couldn't falter. He needed to stay strong and positive for the sake of the rebellion. But boy was it tough.

"Nobody ever said rebelling against an almighty archon was easy."

A voice spoke, catching his attention as he raised his head.

"(Y/n), you're back!" He belted, straightening his posture whilst you approached the table, seeing all the little figures above the Inazuma map totally misplaced from Gorou's fit.

With a small smile greeting the young general, you took one figure and returned it to it's original position on the map. "Oh, and before you ask, my scouting team is doing just fine. We're all okay."

Gorou met your gaze but immediately his dropped down, recalling what you had said upon entering the tent. "That's the first good news I've heard all day, (Y/n).." he let out a sigh as you moved next to him.

It's true you didn't know what to say to him, after all this was technically a war between the shogunate's army and a couple of rebel warriors. It was not an easy feat. It was like a sinking ship and the work of a few men throwing water out was the only thing keeping it afloat.

Not bothering to ask if he was alright which you knew he wasn't, you took his hand in yours and soothingly ran your thumb over his knuckles.

"Gorou," you called softly, "if there's anything you want to let out of your chest, you can talk to me."

The male looked up at you and it almost seemed like he was going to cry. Letting out another heaved sigh, Gorou rested his head on your shoulder and slumped his shoulders, allowing your free hand to reach up and pet his hair.

"We just lost another troop, the remaining soldiers aren't too confident in the resistance and I... I just don't know what to do right now and it's really frustrating me. Not knowing what I have to do to keep it all together is the worst part.." he finished with groan, his ears lowering afterwards.

Your brows narrowed before planting your arms on his shoulders, making him pull away from you. His eyes held so much frustration you could practically feel it.

"Don't doubt yourself, Gorou." You smiled tenderly and cupped his cheeks, "We can't always know what to do, and I know it's hard and frustrating — trust me I know, but we are going to get through it. We may not know what the correct thing to do is, but we'll make it out by choosing how we handle it in a calm and careful matter."

As you spoke, he listened and he listened deeply to every bit of it.

Gorou couldn't help but feel himself melt under your touch and he couldn't deny that your beautiful eyes were helping too other than your words. Why? Because it calmed him, it brought him comfort to know you were right there in front of him, lifting him up when he felt down.

"— Things can be out of our control sometimes, but as long as we keep going, as long as we power through it like the soldiers we are, I know that we'll be okay. We just need some time to relax and think before getting too far ahead of ourselves." You kissed his lips shortly and pulled back, a reassuring grin on your face.

"We aren't alone, because we have each other, Gorou. And that isn't ever going to change."

Gorou instantly pulled you back into him for a hug, his chin tucking your shoulder and his arms wrapped around your waist. "Thank you, (Y/n).. that really cleared my head." He said before pulling away and kissing you again.

"I'm happy to have you here by my side, you always know what to say and do." Finally, he smiled as he rested his hands on your waist.

You, on the other hand, swept his bangs briefly and rested it on his cheek.

"I'm glad I have you alongside me too, Gorou. You're worth fighting a war for."

After those words left you, Gorou's cheeks burned red, visible streaks caught up in his cheeks as he attempted to avoid your eyes by looking everywhere but you.

"I—I feel the same way for you, (Y/n)! Y—you... err.. inspire me to.. well you know, be strong and uhm.."

You laughed loudly at his little brain meltdown because of your sappy words, which he in turn begged you to stop laughing at his stammering.

It all ended with him covering his face with his hands and turning his back to you, his ears lowering down and his tail tucking between his legs. You of course tried to stop laughing, but the excessive stifling of your giggles wasn't at all enough.

But all jokes and giggles aside, Gorou was thankful you hadn't come too late to encourage him as he was beginning to sink into despair.

You and your words were a much needed morale boost for him indeed.

BING BONG FIRST GOROU FIC *twerks in vision hunt decree*

Hope this satisfied the Gorou stans, I hope it fed you all well. HAVE YOUR NOURISHMENT!!!