𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗔 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 || 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗔 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 - 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂 -

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗔 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛
- 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"AAH! I-IT HURTS!"

You hissed, placing your  hand over your wounded abdomen as Zhongli carefully placed you down behind a rock. "Stay still, I will take care of them." The male spoke, his voice as gentle as usual. You watched as he quickly made his way to the group of enemies that had ambushed you. All you could hear was Zhongli summoning his pillars and swinging his polearm followed by the groans and screams of agony by the enemies.

"Ow.." you hissed, biting your bottom lip as you slid yourself up the rock to ease your position. Not a moment had passed and Zhongli returns with no signs of injury or even a speck of dirt on his attire.

"They have been dealt with, now, let me treat your wound."
The lord of Geo reached over to the hem of your blouse and began to lift it further up making your cheeks go red. "Z-zhongli!"
His eyes met yours in reassurance "I will make it as painless as possible, (Y/n). Just please hold still and allow me to assist you."

You nodded nervously and he quickly got to work. He carefully cleaned the large cut on your abdomen and took a bandage roll from his pocket. "Okay, I'm going to wrap this around you so please sit up." You simply did as you were told and lifted your body forward but your arms were shaky after falling out of the adrenaline rush and you collapsed into him, chin resting on his shoulder.

"I-I'm so sorry!" You squeaked and attempted to lift yourself off of him but Zhongli only pulled you closer so he could properly wrap the bandage around your waist. "Do not worry, it's alright." Was his response, as he shoved a single Mondstadt hash brown into your mouth, clearly thinking nothing of it unlike you who was badly blushing due to your chest pressing up against his.

"Alright," he muttered, carefully slipping you out of his arms as you leant back on the rock. "I did the best I could but we will need to get you to a doctor as soon as possible and luckily we aren't too far from the harbor."

"Y-yeah.. guess so-woah!!" You couldn't even finish the end of your sentence as Zhongli had hoisted your up Into a piggyback ride.
"Z-zhongli!! What are you doing?!" You gasped in surprise, throwing your arms around him to keep you from falling. "You are exhausted, you must rest."

Now he was just being a little bit ridiculous because you were still able to walk, it'd just be a little bit slower..

"I-I can still walk! You really don't have to! And it's only a scratch you seriously don't need to!"You begged as Zhongli began walking down the hill, with your legs hooking over his arms. "I insist." He told you, looking over his shoulder to look at you.

He had that gentle smile that always managed to cheer you up and just like that, you had given in, his deep eyes pulling your heartstrings. You wouldn't dream in a million years that Zhongli would do such a thing but to him, he simply took pleasure in caring for your well-being.

Feeling a lot less nervous, you allowed yourself to rest your chin on his shoulder once more, inhaling his familiar cologne which gave you butterflies. It was surprisingly a leisurely stroll because you had not spotted a single hilichurl or abyss mage. It was as if the world had remained still just for the both of you to be in that moment.

Finally you had spotted Liyue Harbor in the distance but you had already gotten sleepy from Zhongli's body warmth along with the soft winds that blew through your (h/c) hair. Zhongli seemed to have noticed though because a soft smile had reached his lips. "If you're sleepy feel free to do so." As he spoke he could feel you rub your cheek against his shoulder with your lips so very close to his neck. "No... no I'm okay.." your words trailed off as you had fallen asleep.

"Goodnight my dearest, (Y/n)." Zhongli muttered as he continued on down the path which led to Liyue Harbor, feeling nothing but butterflies erupt in his stomach as your gentle breathes grazed his skin.

"One day, I will tell you how I truly feel and then you would understand why I do such things for you."