𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 || 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 ( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈 )

𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈 )

𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -
( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈 )

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

A THOUSAND YEARS HAD PASSED SINCE YOUR DEATH

and until this very day, Xiao still missed you and found it too difficult to even try to move on from you. Every day he spent gathering dandelions and sending sweet messages before blowing them away in hopes his words would reach you in the heavens. And every week he would visit your grave and leave a fresh bouquet of Glaze Lillies, he had loved you that much and never let go of your memory.

Today was rather different, Xiao felt a new breeze during the day that urged him to visit Liyue harbor, your hometown. He was surprised but didn't question it; something new was bound to happen sooner or later. 

Once he arrived at the gates of Liyue harbor, Xiao once again felt the winds blow against him, pushing him forward and towards the docks where Xiao had confessed his feelings for you. Being there brought a swarm of heartfelt memories and although the times had changed, the view certainly remained the same.

"Why carry me to this place.." Xiao muttered to himself as the winds ruffled through his hair. His eyes trailed over the waves of the ocean for a moment and reimagined your confession that day.

"(Y/n), why did you bring me here?" Xiao's eyes met yours, instantly sending you butterflies. "I.. wanted to tell you something that's really REALLY important" you started, "and I don't know how you'll react to this but I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship.."

He raised a brow and folded his arms over his chest. "Go on," he spoke almost a little too intimidatingly. A single bead of sweat formed in your temples before you swallowed the lump in your throat. Your fingers clenched tightly into your palms and your knees pulled together for the words that were about to leave your lips.

"I like you.. as in, I.. want to be with you.."

Xiao chuckled, and it made you panic "I like you too, (Y/n). Why do you think we spend so much time together?"

"N-no, I don't think you understand.." you muttered, eyes darting to the floor to avoid his deep amber eyes. "I'm in love with you, Xiao.."
You braced yourself for rejection, what were you expecting? He was an adepti and you were a mere mortal..

Xiao'a eyes grew wide for a brief moment but softened when he saw your rosy cheeks with your eyes clamped shut. "That's funny.. because I'm in love with you too.." he then stepped closer to you and took your hand in his to prove his feelings for you. "W-what?!" You yelled, eyes growing wide and already beginning to brim with tears, causing Xiao to let out another chuckle.

"I'm serious, I love you too.." a blush crept at his cheeks the moment his eyes met yours because for the first time, he was nervous. Finally, you smiled, feeling more than relieved and ecstatic that he had returned the feelings and just like that, you threw yourself into him and wrapped your arms around his waist.
"Oh thank goodness..." you breathed out, voice coming out muffled due to your face being pressed up against his chest, sending a fit of butterflies through Xiao's stomach.

"Thank goodness indeed.." he thought to himself whilst letting out a puff of air from his lips whilst wrapping his arms around you for a loving embrace.

Xiao smiled at the memory and felt the butterflies once again as if he had relived the moment. "Hmph, I doubt that's why you brought me here." He chuckled lightly, before turning on his heel to leave but the moment he had turned around he was met with... you?

His eyes widened and his smile fell into a look of shock. "It... can't be."

"I-I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to stare.." you blushed, lips forming into a thin line. You had just been caught staring and there was no other way around it. "Wait... this is impossible.." Xiao breathed out, fighting the tears that threatened to spill at his eyes. Did you know him? Did the gods suddenly decide to bring you back to life? Or was it all just a crazy dream and you had been right here all along?

"What do you mean? It's impossible for people to stare at you?" You asked, growing a bit more relaxed than before. Xiao was about to take you into his arms and kiss your lips like he had many times before but he stopped himself, he needed to be sure it was you.

"No, no, never mind that.." he reassured, gaining his composer by waving his hands dismissively. "What is your name?" He felt his heart stop as if it could only continue beating when you answered.

"I-it's (Y/n)..."

His eyes widened, "w-why are you asking and who are you??" You started growing anxious, you never knew this man so why did he look so shocked? But he only gave you a soft smile because after all these years, you had been reincarnated, filling the empty hole in his heart.

"My name is Xiao, it's a pleasure to meet you."