𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲 || 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺

𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘- 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺 -

𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘
- 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"HEY KAEYA!!"

You giggled, poking his slowly waking body. His eyebrows furrowed as you continued to poke his cheek, "come on, wake up!" Finally, his eyes shot open and an exhausted expression was on his face.
"Stop..." he groaned, shutting his eyes once more only for him to be poked on the cheek again.

"I made breakfast!" You spoke in a singsong tone. After hearing those words, a smile curved at Kaeya's lips before he propped himself up on his elbow before dipping down you kiss you.
He had you tackled down so he could pepper your face with kisses. "K-Kaeya!" You giggled as he continued down to your collarbone.

"Come on let's go!" You smiled, pushing him off playfully and getting up on your feet and jogging towards the kitchen.

With a waggle of his brows, Kaeya got up and followed you but when he got to the kitchen, you weren't there. "(Y/n)?" He called, peering through the doorway and shifted his gaze towards the table where there wasn't any food.

Kaeya grew confused and took a look at the stove, but there wasn't any pots and pans so did you lie?

And that was when he blinked, realizing what had just happened. You were never there in the first place.

His smile dropped and his joyful eyes fell. "Right..." he muttered to himself "you're gone, what was I thinking?" He trudged his way back to the bedroom and sat down, a sad look on his face. He then reached up to run a hand through his hair before burying his face into his hands.

He remembered it all - Jean and Amber returned from a mission that ended up being a trap, a group of cicin mages and fatui had attacked and you stayed to fight even though you couldn't stand a chance. The worst part was Kaeya wasn't even there, and only found out when they brought you back.

You desperately tried to fight to keep living but it was all too much and you had passed away.

Hot tears began to well up in his eyes as he sat in your once shared bed. It had been five months now and he still couldn't believe you were gone because he felt like you were still there with him.

He wiped his tears away with a sniff and his eyes fell upon your dresser. He hadn't payed attention to it but he noticed your open makeup box along with a single lipstick that stood next to it.

Kaeaya got up and took the lipstick in his hands as a single tear rolled down his cheek.
He set it down and moved onto the items on the dresser and spotted a folded sheet of paper in front of a picture frame that had a drawn picture of you and Kaeya laughing together.

Filled with curiosity, he took the folded piece of paper and unfolded it and it read: "you're beautiful, little bird!"

Kaeya's lips wavered, feeling his heart ache that you had kept his little note on the dresser to remind you everyday that you were beautiful. Then, all at once, waves of memories he had shared with you flashed through his mind. To times when the both of you would simply hold hands as you walked, taking on hillichurls together or him sneaking kisses as you cooked.

He missed you dearly.

Kaeya set the note back down and returned to the bed, plopping down depressingly onto it. Although he'd slept upon it for years now, it felt so large and spacious. Maybe because he was used to sharing it with you.

His eyes peeled open and noticed your pillow which he grabbed to hug it against his chest, closing his eyes and crying into it. He had wished it was all a dream and you were actually the one he was hugging.

You were just irreplaceable and Kaeya would no longer be the same without you.

And now, he had to get used to sleeping alone.