𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 || 𝖥𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋! 𝖠𝗅𝖻𝖾𝖽𝗈

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦- 𝖠𝗅𝖻𝖾𝖽𝗈 -

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦
- 𝖠𝗅𝖻𝖾𝖽𝗈 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

ALBEDO WAS QUITE THE BUSY MAN

especially with his work as the chief alchemist and captain of the investigation team of the Knights of Favonius. But regardless of his exhaustion from work, he always came home to spend time with you and your two-year old daughter, Amelia.

Whenever he would come home late, she would always try her best to stay up but oftentimes she'd fall asleep in her bedroom with a story book in her arms so if Albedo ever did arrive on time, he would read it to her.

Luckily today was one of those days.

"I'm home!" Albedo called as he entered the house, unslinging his bag from his shoulders until suddenly a loud giggle was heard from the living room.

Albedo's lips tugged into a smile when he spotted his daughter doing her best to run down the hallway and reach her small and chubby hands up for Albedo to pick her up into his arms. "Daddy!!" She giggled as Albedo kissed her cheek.

"Hello my dear, Lia. Where's mommy?"

As if on cue, you appeared from the kitchen doorway and grinned when you saw your husband. "Hello my love." He said as you approached him with a quick greeting kiss. "Welcome home, Albedo! I just got dinner ready."

He only smiled as you returned to the kitchen with Albedo following behind. And whilst you prepared the utensils and glasses, Albedo placed Amelia down with her small hand taking his to lead him where she kept a small string.

Albedo curiously followed his daughter and watched once she let go of his hand to show him the string she found. "Look! See?" She sang, lifting it up for her dad to see. Albedo chuckled at her childlike innocence and easily amused behavior.

It was only a short string of yarn in her hand yet she proudly presented it to him like it were the most fascinating thing in the world. "See??" Amelia continued and Albedo nodded. "Yes, it's very nice 'Lia."

Amelia giggled with her nose scrunched up. She was proud her dad liked it so much, so she proceeded to grab another item she had found. Albedo raised a brow once she presented a beautifully colored stone. "Look!" She urged Albedo to take it which he did.
"That's a beautiful stone. Good job finding it."
Amelia clapped her hands and wiggled her body out of joy, knowing her dad liked her little discoveries.

You couldn't help but grin whenever Amelia happily giggled when Albedo spoke to her. Sure half of the time your daughter would babble and Albedo would only respond with 'mhm', 'yeah?' 'Wow's and 'really?'s since he couldn't tell what she was saying. It was adorable.

Once dinner was over, you had just given Amelia a bath and suited her in her comfiest night gown.

Albedo was already tucked in bed, reading a book about alchemy only to be interrupted by his cheery daughter. "Daddy! Book!" She belted while tossing the book titled 'Peter Rabbit' (my childhood classic) onto the bed before struggling to get up herself.

Seeing her dilemma, you lifted her by the waist and sat her next to Albedo, where she snuggled up to his arm whilst he set his alchemy book down. "Ah, the classic tale of Peter Rabbit." He began, flipping the first few pages over before beginning the story.

This was Amelia's favorite book alongside the other Beatrix Potter books like 'The tale of Jemima Puddle Duck' or 'The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle'. But despite listening to Albedo read this book over and over, it never annoyed the two of you as parents. You only wanted to make her happy and get a good nights sleep.

"... the end." Albedo finished as he closed the book and looked over at his now sleeping daughter. As she breathed softly, you tucked a few stray hairs away from her face and pressed a light kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight, our dear Amelia." You whispered.

Albedo carefully lifted her small body to the center of your large bed, where she continued to sleep soundly. "Mommy and daddy loves you so much.." added Albedo as he lifted the blanket to her chest.

You and your husband shared a look and there showed how happy you were to be parents. Though you loved each other when you were married, the strength of that love deepened when Amelia was brought into the world.

The brief moment of silence ended when Albedo opened his mouth to speak. "I love you, (Y/n)." He spoke so honestly that it made his heart flutter. It caused you to blush before sharing a kiss.

His hand went up to softly caress your cheek with the back of his fingers before resting his palm on the side of your jaw.

"And I love you too, honey."

The next morning was a weekend so Albedo had the whole day off to spend time with his family. But Amelia of course brought (forced) him outside to show him all sorts of things. Oh how could he ever refuse her?

She picked a small flower off the ground and showed it to him and he accepted it by placing the stem to tuck behind his ear which made Amelia giggle happily. "Wow!" She cheered before picking another two flowers and offering it to her dad.

After that, Amelia found a trail of ants by the path and watched them intensely. She was so fascinated by the little insects forming a line and following the small trails exactly. "Woah, daddy! Look!" She pointed and Albedo hummed. "What is that?"

Albedo knelt down beside her and replied. "Those are ants." Amelia then leaned closer to get a better look. "Ants?"

"Mhm. Ants." He chuckled, getting back up with Amelia following and taking his hand to lead him to some other things that caught her attention.

She showed him a stick, tried to chase some birds and finally to a rabbit hiding behind a bush. Amelia gasped when she saw that it looked just like Peter Rabbit.

"Pete! Pete!" Was what she managed to say since she wasn't good at her 'r's yet. "Pete!!" She pointed and attempted to chase it, only for the bunny to quickly get away, making her pout sadly. "...Pete.."

Before she could cry, Albedo rushed to her side to assure her that it was okay and that it would probably return tomorrow.

After a little exploring in the small garden, Amelia got tired and headed back inside the house. She got sleepy and proceeded to lift her arms up after walking to Albedo.

"Up. Up." She said, opening and closing her fingers. Albedo happily picked her up and she immediately rested her head on his shoulder, hugging him with her small arms to the best of her ability. Albedo let out a soft sigh with a smile pulling at his lips as Amelia fell asleep in his arms.

You then appeared from the bedroom and approached the two, brushing her hair back with a tiny smile. "How cute.."

As he stood there, humming quietly to a tune, he remembered all the things they had found outside. From flowers to ant trails, sticks, stones and a rabbit, it was always the little things that would bring simple joys to a child's heart which was just enough for you and Albedo to know that she was happy.