𝗜'𝗺 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 || 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺

𝗜'𝗠 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘- 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺 -

𝗜'𝗠 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘
- 𝖪𝖺𝖾𝗒𝖺 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

EVERYTHING WAS A BLUR,

and your eyes and nose were puffy after crying for a while. You sat on the floor in front of your bed in your sleepwear, your hair was tousled and your cheeks were stained with dried up tears.

You felt tired, tired of going on like this - your childhood friends sending you awkward smiles before heading out, your parents for belittling you when you had failed at anything at all and for feeling like a complete waste of space - like you didn't belong anywhere.

You were thankful for Jean and the knights of Favonius for being so kind and for acknowledging you as one of Mondstadt's strongest warriors but a the end of it all, you felt empty.

You turned your head slightly to stare at the window by your bed, the sun had arisen from the hazy blue clouds that covered up the sky but you didn't even wanna get up, what was the point? you thought. So you sat there for another hour just blankly staring into the abyss until suddenly, a knock on your bedroom door caught your ear and snapped you out of your trance.

"(Y/n)? Are you in there?"

It was Kaeya, your boyfriend. A part of you wanted to call out to him - ask him for help, and to hold you till you fell asleep but another part of you felt like you were being selfish for asking for such things.

"Y-yeah I'm here." You're voice came out more dry and hoarse than you'd hoped and on the other side of the door, Kaeya's smile dropped.
"May I come in?" He asked, his hand already twisting the doorknob. "Mm.." you hummed in response, hoping it was enough for him to hear you.

He then opened the door and felt his heart drop into his stomach when he saw the state you were in. And so he quickly made his way to you, his hand reaching up to your cheek while the other held your arm. "What's wrong?" He asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"It's nothing.." you feigned a chuckle, eyes averting from him. Kaeya kept a small frown on his face, he knew you were going through something but you never told him so he waited for you to tell him when you were ready. But seeing you right at this moment he felt like he should pry you for an answer.

"You know I'm here to listen to you, so would you please tell me what's been bothering you?"

Kaeya retracted his hand from your cheek and sat cross-legged in front of you. You sat there, motionless as he waited and waited until at least three minutes had passed. Three minutes too long.

"(Y/n) I can't just let whatever's hurting you to stay. I really want to help you." Kaeya's voice was coated with concern and certainty, and you were right to believe he wouldn't just run away from you because he cared. He really cared. "Kaeya?" You finally spoke, your voice coming out dry and raspy from staying quiet too long.

"Yes, I'm here.." He smiled reassuringly with a light nod.

"I don't know if.. it's selfish to ask for help or to stay quiet about how I feel because either way, it hurts." You began, playing with your fingers in hopes to distract you from crying. "No matter what I do, I feel hopeless, like people don't genuinely care about me. To be honest, I don't even think I still have friends.. or maybe I never had them to begin with. And my parents? All they ever did was call me ungrateful since they brought me into the world but... I--I never asked.. to be here anyway.."

Your lips trembled as you fought back a sob, your fingers now digging into the palms of your hands painfully to the point where you could see the carving of your nails through your skin.

"I.. I'm just so weak.."

Kaeya quickly took you in his arms without hesitation. His hand went up to pet your hair while the other went around your waist protectively. Feeling yourself completely fall apart, you cried into his chest with your arms hanging loosely at your sides from not being able to hug him back due to your trembling form.

"I'm sorry (Y/n).. I never knew how much you'd been struggling all this time.."

Kaeya pressed delicate kisses atop your head as he softly ran his hair through your fingers soothingly.

"I'm gonna be right by your side okay? I won't ever leave you because you matter so so much, (Y/n). And I know it isn't gonna get better right away, but I'll be right here to protect you and help you and that's a promise."

"And you're not selfish for feeling the way you feel. You have every right to want and need things because you're human."

Kaeya continued to utter sweet nothings into your ear, making your eyes close at the comfort and love you were receiving from him. "I love you, (Y/n)" he pressed multiple kisses to your forehead. "I love you very much.. and so does Jean, Klee, Sucrose, Lisa, Albedo, Bennett, Barbara and Amber."

With a sniffle, you managed to bring your arms around Kaeya's slender waist. "You really think so?"

Kaeya let out a soft chuckle, moving his fingers to rest under your chin, tilting it up with a smile. "I know so."

He couldn't help but feel like he needed to protect you at all cost after seeing you with tear stained eyes. And so he wiped them away and kissed your cheeks tenderly. "And oh how beautiful you are... this beautiful face must be cherished forever."

Your lips curved into a shaky yet heartfelt smile when he inched closer and connected your lips with his for a short kiss.

"Thank you, Kaeya.."

"Of course, my little bird. I promise you that everything will be okay and that I'm here for you.."